2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any Suggestions on Bedrails?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Suggestions on Bedrails?

ORIGINAL: Sinister

what i have on my truck is a headrail rack.. visually one piece goes along rails, and up for a headache rack.

same as this, -

if i remember correctly by the time all said and done... - his was 1100, mine was 400 cash. so im sure that down in the states you can get it cheaper.

mine is made from exhaust tubing not steel.
mine is rockguarded, this is polished steel.
That's BADD AZZ !!!

Did you make your's yourself or did you order it somewhere?

Old 07-08-2007, 11:53 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Those are definitely some nice headrails, but probably a lot more than what I need. Maybe one day.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:25 PM
98redram

blkbaretta... i have some chrome tubular stake mounted railsoff of a 98 ram shortbedthat i would love to get rid of if u would cover the shipping.. i have had them on my truck for a while but i would say they still look pretty good.. i just felt like something diff so i took them off. let me know if ur interested.. and even if i didnt like them, for jus covering shipping i would say its not that bad of a deal compared to a new set.. neway just let me know if u would like to try them!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:26 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 98redram

blkbaretta... i have some chrome tubular stake mounted railsoff of a 98 ram shortbedthat i would love to get rid of if u would cover the shipping.. i have had them on my truck for a while but i would say they still look pretty good.. i just felt like something diff so i took them off. let me know if ur interested.. and even if i didnt like them, for jus covering shipping i would say its not that bad of a deal compared to a new set.. neway just let me know if u would like to try them!
Thanks a lot for the offer man, but I found some black ones that are supposed to be paintable that I think Iam going to go with. I will probably end up painting them yellow to match the truck.I appreciate it and if this deal falls through then I will let you know. Thanks again.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 AM
just_lionel

98redram,

Im interested if you still looking to move them...

Old 07-10-2007, 01:39 AM
swirvin21

Sinister,

You have a link for that headache rack/bedrail combo? I've been looking for something similar to that. Wish it had some minor triangular braces though, looks like it could be a little flimsy with lights and body flex. No problems with it hitting the cab?

Old 07-11-2007, 10:24 PM
98redram

well i wasnt tryin to get rid of them but ill never do anything with them so sure u can have them just cover the shipping.. let me know and we can set somthin up or u can give me an adress and ill tell u how much.. watever just let me know and there yours.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mayfair- I helped to build it.. I went to the muffler shop and talked with my buddy.. we worked for two days, as planning the angles right was priority.- attaching was secondary.

once finished- all we had to do was slip in the lock nuts and its on solid.. holds enough climbing over the wheel without any flex.-

we discussed 300.. i gave a tip.

swirvin21- i really need to do a new photoshoot..
I'll plan one tomorrow if im lucky.- for all the angles.

the link to that one.. just search Red Demon at ford truck world.

so far its only a two of a kind.. and i believe neither of us kept the blueprints.. i know it isnt 90.

another reason i need a new photoshoot., bad angles reflect the scratches on the camera.

as for hitting the cab.. no. its pretty stiff., i've got two backuplights installed cleanly, with a spare wire for another set anytime I want.-

The two on there are welded to a muffler clamp, and can easily be flipped for either forward or backward, with enough wire to compensate.

what do you mean by the trianlgular. are you talking the anglebars or along the window side?

Old 07-12-2007, 06:39 AM
swirvin21

That is a great bar Sinister! I'm surprised it's as stiff being exhaust tubing. If you get a chance, you ought to notch the upper bar for your 3rd taillamp. Any pics you could send would be appreciated. I'll have to figure out what to do with my truck box since it goes over the rails. I was planning to get rid of it eventually anyways. I'll just throw it on the trailer.

I was talking about the triangular supports they run on roll bars between the vertical and horizontal bars for strength. Thinking about it now, I'm not sure it would look better, but you could actually use it as a roll cage if done right. I'm going to look into getting one done here in Dallas, probably not for $300 though

Is that 2" or 2 1/4" tubing?
Thanks,
Kyle

Old 07-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

why would i put a notch in for the 3rd brake lamp.. its not needed, and there's enough of it showing to still be seen. if anythign i'd rather have it fully covered.

as for the thickness, only 1 1/2" - same as my front pushbar - VERY lightweight - but strong.

Quick Reply: Any Suggestions on Bedrails?