2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

All Chrysler Nationals (carlisle) Pics and Vids

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:45 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Chrysler Nationals (carlisle) Pics and Vids

I just got back from Carlisle Nationals for Chrysler. It was one heck of a show. Iv never seen so many muscle cars in my life. Superbirds, Superbees, Daytonas, Satalites, Cudas, Vipers, Little Red Trucks, Pickups, Prowlers, and my personal favorite....the NEW Challanger concept car. Which I must say was very impressive in person. I had missed it when it came to Philly for the auto show, and I figgured i wouldnt get to see it, but at carlisle I actually got to touch it (dont tell anyone). The swap meet was extensive as usuial, a good 4 miles of tents. I found a few too many things I liked, and got some ideas, mostly bad ideas, so my girlfriend says. There were 5 Indy trucks there including mine, mine being the most ragged by far. I was very happy to see them though, considering iv only seen one other one in my life. One guy had an Indy and a 96 viper GTS (you know, the blue/white) which was really cool. At 181 thousand miles I had more miles than all 4 other trucks combined x2. the other trucks had anywhere from 2000 miles >27000 miles, which I scoffed at lectureing them on the importance of driving your pride and joy, after they scoffed at me about my paint issues. I also decided this year to try the mobile dyno. The dyno proved to be extreemly helpful, if not somewhat disapointing. (213 rwhp/266 rwtq) The guy said not to be disapointed though, because trucks usuially net about 30% driveline loss. So if thats true, im very happy, because that would place me right where I figgured I was.(276 fwhp/344 fwtq). My power curve was verynice though, mytq stays flatat about 257from 2800 (where the run started) to its peak of 266 at 3700/3800, where it dives down. Myhp curve builds gradually at about a 45* angle from 2800 where its 137 up to its peak at about 4800 at 213. The big thing was that it was running extreemly rich (i think rich, i may be getting confused with lean, but im pritty sure its rich, lol) crusing the dyno its was steady at 14.3 and then drops to low 13s next 100 rpms, low 12s next 100 rpms, and then finallymid 11s the next 100 rpms and stays there for the pull. (lowest it hit was 11.4 a/f. avg was 12.1 a/f. so any help in that department would be just skippy.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...rmovie2137.flv (skip to approx 1:30 sec for the pull itself)
thats the dyno vid of the first pull. (my truck has a problem with downshifting to second at wot, which was exagerated by the dyno, so we had to pull in 2nd gear)

After Carlisle I took a trip down to gettysburg to see the reenactment of Pickets Charge, and the cannonade. I got some of it on video before my camera died. If anyone wants to see that let me know and ill upload it, otherwise im not going to because its a pritty big file.

On the way home I was in a mopar convoy, about 5 cars in total. Then they broke off, and another one caught up with me. 440 cuda (lime green) which travled the rest of the 100+ miles home to NJ with me. Of course we lit it up a little, ok maybe a lot. Surprising to me, I whooped up on it. We even slowed traffic (on the turnpike) to 40 and I gave him 2 cars, and I still pulled on him. It was a very exciting trip back. It went by in no time even though we cruised at 55-65 the whole way, - the fun we had.

Enjoy the pictures.

Indys at Carlisle

This is something im seriosuly considering doing.

Hundredsof cars, and hundreds of vendors

The lone PT crusier.

96 GTS

Late Hemi in Early Challanger

5.7 Hemi powered 18' long saw

about 1/2 the winged cars inside.

Dinoco

Im sure you can guess what this is

140k!!!?

My truck on the dyno

a pic from the Gettysburg reinactment.

I take this pic infront of this cannon whenever Ibring a car tocarlisle.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Default RE: All Chrysler Nationals (carlisle) Pics and Vids

nice pictures.

im headin up to gettysburg in about two weeks.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:02 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice. sounds like a good time

Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: muddy_blue_dodge

nice pictures.

im headin up to gettysburg in about two weeks.
if your familear with the park and havent been there for a few years, go check out the round tops, they cut back a lot of trees to more recreate what the terrain looked like during the battle.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:09 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

i was there... about a year and a half ago. mind emailing me that video?

Old 07-09-2007, 12:21 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Good deal. Thanks for the pics. Even if your g/f doesn't like your modding ideas, atleast she'll go with you to something like that. I would have to pay my wife by the hour. I wonder what those Challengers will cost when they finally come out.

According to someChrysler enthusiasts, Boscho2 sensors make the Magnum enginesrun rich during open loop operation. NTK sensors are said to correct this. I use an ARC-1:

http://www.splitsec.com/index.html

products>air fuel ratio controllers

It is a fairly economical way to control a/f mixture throughout the rpm band.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:32 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: muddy_blue_dodge

i was there... about a year and a half ago. mind emailing me that video?
ill upload it and post it on this thread...ittl just be about a half hour.
my camera dies during the cannonade, unfortunately. Its still about 6 min of cannons. My kodak is extreemly sub-par for videos so it will probabily be diffacult to decipher whats what, its still fun to watch.

ORIGINAL: mopowar

Good deal. Thanks for the pics. Even if your g/f doesn't like your modding ideas, atleast she'll go with you to something like that. I would have to pay my wife by the hour. I wonder what those Challengers will cost when they finally come out.

According to someChrysler enthusiasts, Boscho2 sensors make the Magnum enginesrun rich during open loop operation. NTK sensors are said to correct this. I use an ARC-1:

http://www.splitsec.com/index.html

products>air fuel ratio controllers

It is a fairly economical way to control a/f mixture throughout the rpm band.
Lol, my gf didnt come with me, no one wanted to sleep in the truck, but i sure slept fine.

the open loop is fine, its wot that im having a problem with, unfortunately NTK would probabily do little to solve that problem.

is that calibrator something you use? It seems like a decent idea, but id be affraid that i would not be able to get it to be stoich effectively enough. (my thought process:: my cruise is fine, my idle is fine, my wot is the problem. If i set it to lean out, it would be dangerously lean unless its wot, so firstly id have to floor it and dial it in properly at the exact same moment, and same goes with letting off the throttle)

Old 07-09-2007, 01:08 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...rmovie2142.flv

thats a vid of the union getting into position.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...rmovie2147.flv

the cannonade

Old 07-09-2007, 01:27 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I use it. Basically, you set it and leave it be until something changes. In closed loop (cruise, idle)the o2 sensor will always win out. Thearc-1 works inopen loop(accel, wot).You setthe offset at idle using fuel trim, and kind of guess at the gain. Then you go play, and tweak the gain. Why do they say NTK helps?? Maybe it has something to do with thepcm maps. It lowered my long term ftwhen I switched.

So you left the ball and chain at home? Got any wet t-shirt contest pics?

Old 07-09-2007, 03:23 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: mopowar

I use it. Basically, you set it and leave it be until something changes. In closed loop (cruise, idle)the o2 sensor will always win out. Thearc-1 works inopen loop(accel, wot).You setthe offset at idle using fuel trim, and kind of guess at the gain. Then you go play, and tweak the gain. Why do they say NTK helps?? Maybe it has something to do with thepcm maps. It lowered my long term ftwhen I switched.

i guess id have to play with it to understand fully. How much is it? If its more than 100, I think im just going to either get a mopar pcm and see if that solves it, or fast piggyback ecm and tune it myself.

Quick Reply: All Chrysler Nationals (carlisle) Pics and Vids