2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS Motor & Lights Come On With Bumps

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Nitroman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Motor & Lights Come On With Bumps

Ok, I spent an hour doing searches before posting this so.....

I live in a little town with mostly dirt roads. Any sized bump or pothole will cause the ABS motor to come on making that irritating gggggrgrrrrrrrrrrr sound. It is almost continuous depending on which section of town I drive through (due to road conditions). I had read on a thread here this is due to a wire being loose in the steering column? It causes the motor to come on when a bump is hit. The solution was to remove the cover and locate said wire or pull the fuse on the ABS. I have tried to find that thread but cannot.

So. Any pointers or anyone remember this thread and can pop the addy in a reply for me?

Thanks.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:40 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ABS Motor & Lights Come On With Bumps

are you using the brakes as well when you hit a bump?

another thing i would look at is the rear speed sencer they are a common item to go in these trucks and a relitvley cheap and easy place to start, the rear speed sencer also controls the rear ABS its in the reat diff housing near the top

Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Nitroman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ABS Motor & Lights Come On With Bumps

Nope, hit a bump and the motor turns on.

Quick Reply: ABS Motor & Lights Come On With Bumps