2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power locks? help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007 | 03:20 AM
milkdud110
|
Rookie
Default power locks? help

myPassenger side power lock only works when locking it will not work on eather door to unlock how do i fix this problom?

i have not looked at anything but i hope someone tells me it the switch and were to get one or something stupid thats easy to fix

thanks

Old 07-28-2007 | 04:44 PM
WayneC
Captain
Default RE: power locks? help

Well, it works in one direction so that tells us you not only have power/ground, but the actuator works as well. So, your problem lies in the wiring harness or the switch. If I understand your post, it will not unlock from either the driver or passenger side? Does the driver side lock and unlock? If so, then you have bad wiring at the passenger side switch.
You'll need to pull the panel and use a multi-meter to locate the proper wire or faulty terminal.
Doesn't sound expensive though. Good luck.
WC

Old 07-28-2007 | 08:17 PM
milkdud110
|
Rookie

i can unlock and lock from the drivers door but i can only lock the doors from the passenger door the passenger door unlock wont work i hope i said itright so you guys know what i am talking about if it is theswitchwere do i get one?

thanks

Old 07-28-2007 | 09:49 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

if you can only do it one way from passenger but both from drivers it sounds like the contacts are bad in your passneger switch. First i would pull it out and look over the wiring make sure nothing came unhooked or shorted out. If you don't see anything obvious i would check ebay or a local junk yard for a new switch.

Old 07-29-2007 | 12:20 PM
milkdud110
|
Rookie

found the problom its the metal piece in the switch its self any one know were i can get the guts for it or the hole thing i checked the junk yards and they dont have anything and does anyone know what years interchange?

Quick Reply: power locks? help