2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hopefully soon to be new owner of 99 1500

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:18 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hopefully soon to be new owner of 99 1500

here is a great checklist to follow when buying a new dodge, http://dodgeram.org/buying_info/Inspect.htm i used it when i bought mine. the dealer came out 3 times to ask if i was ready to test drive it, but i def knew the truck by the time i was done. Printed its 9 pages but well worth it. it has everything you need to inspect the truck before you buy. good luck

Old 08-03-2007, 06:41 PM
novaboy16
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hopefully soon to be new owner of 99 1500

So I am going to get this truck. I drove it today and it felt good. Has the 5.9, but oh well. Feels way different than my VW. HAHAHA. When driving, I spun the truck up and down to get it warm. Then I did some heavy throttle along with heavy braking. The tranny shifted firm but not hard. You could feel the shift, not throw you back in the chair. The guy never used the 4wd, and never towed anything (has a reese hitch, so he says) Paint looks good, interior is ok, has the typical crack on the dash and a one crack on the windshield along with one chip. The price was good and so was the mileage for me. It already has a 5in lift with 35s (that need replaced within the next 5-10k)

I appreciate everyones help, I will post pics when I get it next week.

Quick Reply: Hopefully soon to be new owner of 99 1500