2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

engine mis/fire or chugging or bumping

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
allens340
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine mis/fire or chugging or bumping

After changing the plenum gasket on my 99 dodge 360 4x4 I noticed a miss or chug or a bumping feeling in the motor when truck is pulling down, going up a hill in overdrive. If you go ahead and push down on the gas to down shift(automatic)the missing or chugging stops with the increase in rpm's.
Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks
Allen

Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Fox Fader
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: engine mis/fire or chugging or bumping

My first guess is the detent or TV cable I think it's called my need to be adjusted.
I don't have a lot of experience on this on the Ram so wait till you get a better chime in
from someone else.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:14 PM
trippinout

Mine did the same chug - miss thing you are describing but fixing the plenum gasket fixed that problem. When is the last time you checked your plugs? May be fouled from the oil leaking thru the plenum. Just a thought.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 AM
allens340

Thanks guy's..............when I changed the gasket, I also changed the plugs,wires,rotor,dist. cap,,,,,,I two thought about maybe the gasket still leaking,,,but before change, the truck was using oil between changes, and now it's not............

Quick Reply: engine mis/fire or chugging or bumping