2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Saver? You be the Judge.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Fox Fader
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Saver? You be the Judge.

http://www.bgprod.com/news5.html
I like their transmission fluids, but this, not needed
if you believe in using www.toptiergas.com

Old 08-08-2007, 01:15 PM
2500 mopar
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuel Saver? You be the Judge.

looks kinda like alcohol to me....duh, higher octane

Old 08-24-2007, 03:01 AM
Slomojo01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blah blah blah... Gas saver my rear end!

Stop buying gas with e85 mixed with it. e85 increases surface tension in fuel making fuel vaporization more difficult plus it only has around 70,000 btu in it while gas has around 130,000 btu. This difference in btu literally dillutes the gas which reduces mileage. Want proof? Ask a Chevy dealer what mileage a flex fuel vehicle gets on gas as opposed to pure e85. Long story short, less mileage with e85. If you can't find fuel without e85, add 2-3 ounces of pure acetone to every 10 gallons of gas in your tank. Acetone will reduce surface tension in your fuel making fuel vaporization less difficult. For 12-13 dollars a gallon for acetone, I'll try that with a scanguage, which measures mileage on 1996 and up vehicles as well as many otherengine details, for a week and return the scanguage after I see the result. If the acetone works, I might just keep the scanguarge and also go around to different high quality gas stations to see who has the fuel that gives the best mileage. Spending $120 as opposed to say $13 is a big difference, and the scanguage will tell you immediately wheter or not it works so whats to lose?

Old 08-24-2007, 03:45 AM
Slomojo01
Professional

One More Thing! Acetone will ruin your paint! Use a Great big acetone resistant funnel and proper measurements or else!.

Also, Acetone is not always Pure Acetone!

"Duplicolor" makes the good stuff, Acetone that is, so I've heard... "Klean Strip," Acetone, as they say is 99.5% pure and not dilluted which aint bad, however their msds report says that it's anywhere from 95% to 100% pure which is isn't necessarilly as good as Duplicolor's Acetone which is 100% pure according to their msds report. Pure=Better

On another note, any more than say 3-4 ounces per 10 gallons and Acetone has negative affects on mileage, Don't over do it. try 2 ounces, try 3 ounces try 4, but anymore then that and I don't know what might happen. Be Carefull!

P.S. Acetone works with diesel just like gas. 2-3 ounces per 10 gallons fuel ratio works well especially with a great big acetone resistant funnel.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:45 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That demo is a 3 part cleaning system. 1 can is an in tank injector cleaner. 1 is a combustion chamber cleaner and the other is a throttlebody cleaner. they do work but only if you system is dirty. You may restore lost milage but you won't gain anything.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a trade-off after a cylinder/injector cleaner that you can't really predict in advance.

If the cleaner improves the balance of all cylinders for air to fuel ratio
there may be a small MPG increase.
Before the cleaning 2-4 cylinders might be running rich because tarry deposits on the backsides of intake valves may be limiting airflow. After cleaning these cylinders will get more airflow and their afr will get closer to the desired 14.7

On the other hand, carbon deposits inside cylinders raise the 'real world' compression ratio. This actually improves MPG. The build up of carbon deposits inside the cylinder is one of the things that causes an engine to do better as it 'breaks in'

I am believer in using cleaners every so often
but I am not surprised if MPG actually goes down a bit.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:26 AM
fuelsav12
Default Fuel Saver

Hi,
The spiraling costs of fuel prices has driven many car owners to seek alternative solutions that will help them get more miles for their bucks. You can get more information from www.gainex.co.uk/

Quick Reply: Fuel Saver? You be the Judge.