2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front End Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 PM
98RamSport360
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Help

Hey,

So this weekend I installed new steering components and a new track bar along with new bilsten shocks. Before I did this the steering had a lot of play and the front end would shake bad after hitting a bump at 65mph the it would settle down when it hit 40mph or lower. I know this happens when the track bar is bad. Well after installing the new parts I had to drive it until I can get the tires aligned today. While I was driving it I hit a bump at 70mph and again a really bad shake that settled once I hit 40mph and lower. So I was then thinking the ball joints are bad. I took it this morning and had it aligned. They told me that they had to take the tie-rod off to a-just it because they ran out of play on the shackle. I asked if the ball joints were bad and they said no. What else could cause the bad shake? I am still thinking ball joints; maybe the track bar has a little bit of play. I don’t know, are they any other things I can look for or at?

Thanks
Ray

Old 08-20-2007, 06:31 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Front End Help

you have the 'death wobble'. here's a couple of links. search here and other sites.
common causes - track bar, idler arm, center link, not enough caster in alignment.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_411105/tm.htm
https://dodgeforum.com/m_326988/mpag.../tm.htm#326988

Quick Reply: Front End Help