2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

blower fan issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Ramafication
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower fan issues

hey people, i have a 95 dodge ram 1500 and when im drivin down the road with the blower going, i find that at certain rpm, it resorts to the defrost position and then at lower rpm, it will go back to whatever position i have it set to, now i read up on the ignition wire recall in relation to the blower overloading the wire, and i did happen to smell a burning smell one day when i turned the blower on full kinda concerned, dont wanna lose the truck to a fire. thanks in advance

Old 08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: blower fan issues

Blower and vent distribution are unrelated in your case. The only good way to test the blower motor is to remove it an bench test for amp draw under load. The vent issue you're having is related to vacuum. Do a search for vac. problems, vent issues, etc. Most likely a failing check valve in the vac. line. Loads of instances of this and just as many posts on it also.
WC

Quick Reply: blower fan issues