2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rust problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:57 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust problem

Thanks to the salty roads up north, my truck's underframe has gotten pretty coated with rust and road grime. Im about to get up under there today and take some rust remover to it and re paint over it. Anyone know any spray paint that will help with rust prevention?

Old 09-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Wile C
Professional
Default RE: Rust problem

i'd first got to Wally Mart and get a can of rust converter. Then I'd buy a can of either Krylon or Rustoleum flat black paint and paint it. If you get most of the rust off w/the sand paper, you could probably go straight to the paint.

i used the converter on the seal where the skin of the tailgaite is, mopar wouldn't cover it even under warranty. I used some of the rust converter and then painted over it. holding solid for 3/4 years now and hasn't increased.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:56 PM
tazman6789
Veteran

use por 15 slap that **** on thick prob gone

Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a wire brush (or better of you have a wire brush drill bit) and whatever color rustoleum you'd like your frame to be. That's what I do to all my vehicles. I actually took it a step further with this truck and sprayed rubberized undercoating all over the frame and undercarriage. Just some food for thought.

Quick Reply: Rust problem