2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seats

My driver's seat is getting worn. I've been thinking of swapping out the seats to three racing style seats. Has anyone done that? Are there ones that will bolt up without having to make new brackets? What about just getting new ones from Mopar? Are there other years that will go in with a similar color? (The headrests are lacking on the 95.) - thanks

Old 09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Seats

Not sure about that, but if you find a way to fit a lazyboy in there be sure you do a write up.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:10 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure what is a direct fit. Ive got a pair of RCI race buckets in my Indy(since 00). Used manual brackets out of a 98(didnt want to cut up my powerones)and removed everthing from them I could. Base of the RCI's were a fair bitnarrower than stock so had to make new crossbars to sit the seats on. Took a lot of test fits to get it just right.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 PM
nateblong
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya my drivers seat was getting wore too. I sat in the passengers side and of course that seat was like new. So, I put the passengers side cushion on the drivers side and vise versa. The new seat coupled with the new shocks and I got me a Dodge Ramilac...A few cuts on my hand too. Changing those cushions wasnt very easy, but boy was it worth it. Just wanted to let you know that the seat cushions do interchange, well at least they do on my 2000 quad cab

Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

94-98 model years the brackets should be the same so you could get something out of a later year.
Or get the seats rebuilt at an automotive upholestery shop to be more of a race bucket style. I had a custom seat made for an old sport bike that looked really sweat and cost wasless compared to Corbin's and others at the time.

Quick Reply: Seats