2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:20 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Wipers

ORIGINAL: dufus
I have a similar problem with my 99 grand caravan and was told it was the switch. My question is how hard is it to change the switch?? The switch costs about $135 and figured i could save a few bucks if i could do it myself. Tried searching for an online repair manual, but as usual everyone wants money.
i know we are rehashing an old thread, but... its probably not the switch - and you can test that by checking the voltage on the wires out at the motor (which is the best thing to do, because your going to be replacing the motor to fix the problem). but on that note, i replaced my multi-function switch on the ram. it takes a little patience, and its best to have the haynes or the service manual to boost your confidence, but its not too bad. the ram did require a set of 'security torx (hollow)' from autozone, $9 for the set. i got the switch from az for $42. i originally took my switch off just to test it, but after the hour of work to get it off, i decided to replace it anyway since it wasn't expensive.

Quick Reply: Wipers