2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

a/c evaporator

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 03:02 PM
outlaw4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c evaporator

hello i looked at a post a while back about how to change the evap can some one tell me who wrote it and how to find it again thanks

Old 09-11-2007, 07:40 PM
outlaw4x4
Default RE: a/c evaporator?

how hard is the evaporator to change any help would be great thanks

Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not that bad of a job but it takes some time. You should have a helper available to remove the dash from the vehicle. Someone on here did a writeup on it. It was a little simplistic, but, functional. You are basically removing the lines under the hood that go through the firewall (heater and a/c) and removing the HVAC box bolts. Lower or remove the steering column. Disconnect everything from the dash and remove it. Remove the HVAC box from the vehicle. And finally, remove the evap. from the box. You could try a search for the other guy's writeup or download the online FSM from the DIY (also referred to as the merry Christmas thread) and follow the procedure in there.
WC

Old 09-11-2007, 08:36 PM
2001ramsport
Veteran

Don't forget to disable the air bags!!! or poof.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:39 PM
davmelrach
Rookie

Outlaw,

I posted a step by step that is spot on when it comes to replacing your evap and heater core. Just do a search under davmelrach evaporator replacement and you should find it fairly easily. I did mine for the first time and you should have no problem but you will definitely need the directions as there are some things you have to know outlined in the steps. Let me know how it goes. And you do not have to remove the dash completely. Please do not do that it is VERY UNECESSARY and extremely time consuming. Just follow my steps on the dash and you will be fine. I will try and forward the directions to your inbox as well.

Dave

Quick Reply: a/c evaporator