2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Replace with Carpet or Bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:56 AM
ViperJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace with Carpet or Bedliner

So I went out wheeling on Sunday night and went through this big puddle sideways to see how deep it was. It covered the top of the tires so I thought I would try it length wise. Bad idea... buried it is water/mud to just under the top of the doors. Took me and a buddy over 4 hours to get it our. Broke 3 of my tow straps 1 – 7000lb and 2 - 11,000lbs. Anyway the interior got soaked so now I am trying to decide if I should bedline the interior or just replace the carpet. I have a buddy who works at a dodge dealership so I can get the carpet for roughly $200 and the beliner at most would be $100. I don’t plan on getting it that wet inside again but I am not sure which route to go.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Replace with Carpet or Bedliner

i think the bed liner would look good. I would say a rhino liner so its more of a rubber feel (or hurcculiner) I think that would be a cool idea. Everyone has carpet, not to many would have a bed liner.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 PM
tazman6789
Veteran

personally ide say go with bedliner just because its so much easier to clean, no stains EVER, spill anything you want on it.. go eh whatever use a paper towel and its gone. and in case you ever decide to test water depth again you will be ok.... better let that thing dry out for a LONG time with no battery, hope you didnt fry something good

Old 09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^+1
Easy care if you do this sort of stuff. A good DIY job too. If you want carpet, get carpeted floor mats to go with and take 'em out when you think you're gonna get dirty.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 PM
ViperJ

ORIGINAL: tazman6789
better let that thing dry out for a LONG time with no battery, hope you didnt fry something good
Yeah actually that night/morning it waterlocked so we got it back on dry dirt and pulled the plugs then cranked it over. After the water came out put the plugs back in and with a jump it fired up. I was impressed, and (holding my breath) don’t think anything broke in the motor

Old 09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ive been thinkin about doin this as well, my carpet is one big dip stain... thanks to the previous owner.

if you do it, do a write up!!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:06 PM
ViperJ

I will do a write up with pics, so far I have gotten pics most of the way through. Probably going to sand and mask everything off tonight, hopefully get at least a coat down today

Quick Reply: Replace with Carpet or Bedliner