2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New guy just got an '01(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 08:49 AM
thankuhal
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy just got an '01(PICS)

Sweet truck. Color really looks good. Welcome and enjoy your new ride. Oh, get your checkbook ready, you will be upgrading things very soon....lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/71292/8CE77991A87C4511ABD95DFC85413616.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-06-2007, 10:22 AM
condor

Thanks. I'm sure the wife will like that lol....

Here is something I found from another thread, posted by 1969roadrunner...

https://dodgeforum.com/m_241341/mpage_2/key_/tm.htm

1969roadrunner

titleAndStar(124,0,0,false,",")
Street Racer

OK, I have done some homework here, I'm a Dodge nut, and I love to absorb as much info as I can, so I think I can help a little...

Alot of you are blending packages together, and there are alot of differences between them and also Models, sport or otherwise. Remeber, there is a standard Ram (ST), Ram SLT, and Ram SLT Laramie option for all models, Sport, 4x4, Ext. Cab, ect.

Off-Road Packages included lifts, inner-fender skirts on the bed, tow-hooks, skid plates, and oversized tires, a 3.92:1 rear, and other options, but not all had to be on the truck to be considered an Off-Road truck.

The Sport package was mostly frills, although the 5.9L (360cid) was standard instead of the 5.2L (318cid), the same as with the Off-Road packages (The 360s were favored in these applications due to their higher torque output.) Most Sports that I have seen still have the base 3.55:1 rearend, but everything except the free-floating Type 40s, 60s, and 80s that are found on heavy duty (2500/3500) Rams could be ordered (I've seen everything from 3.22:1 to 4.10:1.) The rears can be identified by stamping on the casing or stamped tags that are bolted to the cover, also, there is a tag on the underside of my hood - I have a '97. Again, not all options had to be present for the truck to be considered. (I have also seen several "Texas Sport" editions around here, most of them appear to be '96s, but I don't know if that was a factory or dealer option.)

Tow packages included tow-hooks, a hitch receiver, wiring for trailer brakes and lights, a suplemental transmission cooler, and other options, not all were needed.

Base models come with the 5.2L or even the 3.9L V-6 engine, a 5-spd manual or 4-spd automatic, and 3.55:1 rear ends.

There are also 4x4 Sport editions, which combine both packages together. Again, not every option was needed.

Interior packages, such as the Driver Convienece package where interior frills, such as the OTIS systems and overhead consoles, Infinity sound packages, leather seats, power seats, power/heated mirrors, map lights, cruise controll, and other features. Again, not everything was required.

The main mechanical difference between the Sport and regular Rams is the engine. While both could be exchanged, the 5.9L was standard on the Sport models, where as the 5.2L was standard on all regular Rams.

If you special ordered your truck you could get anything you wanted. Even today I could go to my local Dodge house and order a Ram 1500 SLT Laramie with a V-6, SRT badges, and a Daytona wing and paint stripe. If you want, and have the money for it, you can get it. To illustrate my point, go to www.Dodge.com, select the Ram 1500, and then click "Build & Price" Everything is initially presented as a package, but then you can select or deselect any and all options you want (so long as they would not interfere with each other after installation.) You can turn a Ram ST into an SRT-10 if you would like, just select the right options. Go try it out, it's kinda fun just to mess around with...

Old 10-07-2007, 10:22 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That says offroads have a 3.92.1 rear. I thought they all had 4.10s? Atleast I kno mine does. On yoiur truck I'd look under it at the rear axle and see if there are any stickers indicating the gear ratio. Mine has one that says 4.10's. There is also something differnt about the front axle housing on offroads I thought but I forgot what.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:51 PM
condor

Looked on the rear and there is a little stamp on one of the bolts that says 4.10.

Adrian

edit- the tag inside the glove box saysthat the rear is 4.10 and the front is 3966# dana. It also saysthat it has a sport package.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Activate
Professional
Default RE: New guy just got an '01 (PICS)

Qeustion :
Does this bumper fits a 98 RAM 4x4?

I have wrecked my bumper and want to repalce with this kind of style.

Where I can buy it (cheap because I have to pay a lot of shipping to Europe)

Thanks and greetngs,

Erik.

Quick Reply: New guy just got an '01(PICS)