2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

NEW EXHAUSTTT CLIP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW EXHAUSTTT CLIP!

Today my brother asked me if he could ride my truck on the way home today (we were at a restaurant)...so i said ok reluctanctly lol!..anyways, i told him to fly by me when i was in the van and SO i could shoot a little clip to give to the guys on the forum. so here is my brother going by with my damn truck recorded by my queer razor cellphone. It sounded so damn loud though! IT sounds great, and that is on a ****ty as razor video camera lol! I hope to get some better quality and longer videos soon wehn i get a digitial camera, but this will do for now guys. HERE IS THE LINK TO YOUTUBE..Let me know what ya think! (turn ya volume up!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mETHmWWqO-0

Old 10-01-2007, 08:59 PM
XXL 1500
Captain
Default RE: NEW EXHAUSTTT CLIP!

"Yes, Very Nice!"
borat
haha

Old 10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

thanks bro! the 44 is truly unique amongst all of the other flo-mufflers

Old 10-02-2007, 10:50 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

That sounds very nice. I'm really starting to like the Super 44 sound a lot. Might have to rig something up on mine with one. I think that's the tone I want.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

yeah i agree bro. just get 2 single inlet/outlet SUPER 44's to compensate for your true dual from "21st Century Exhaust"...they are the cheapest from them. My brother ran the super 44's with his true dual on his f-350 and it sounded badass, he's a little crazy and went for the dynomax bullets but i really like these mufflers. They are a lot better and less generic than the original 40's..

Old 10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Also blkbaretta, if you do choose to go with the super 44's somewhere down the road, it'd probably be a good time to have that H-Pipe installed while it's in there. Having some sort of cross over pipe on a true dual is pretty essential, and it helps it have a more synchronized tone!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

I'm actually thinking about installing a y-pipe and then running into a SI/DO Super 44. Might be a little cheaper that way and should sound pretty good without the cat.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:16 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Oo i see what your sayin', you just want to get rid of the true dual thing? Yeah si/do sounds great, thats what i currently run, it's awesome. Let me know what you decide to do, i think it will be the same amount of money though, its mroe preferance of what you want. If you keep the true dual, then all you have to do is cut out the glasspacks and put in the 44's. If you do si/do. Then you have the have a y-pipe installed which could be equally as expensive for labor and parts...so let me know what u think u want to do, im interested! If you do a true dual w/ the 44's, you'll prob. be the only guy here on the dodge forum with two 44's. Heres a clip of my brothers f-350 with the flowmaster super 44 true duals, sounded sick!

Here's the true dual SUPER 44 link : http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUX8eeQUsdY

Old 10-02-2007, 11:28 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Yeah, that sounded pretty good. I'm actually thinking about doing the setup myself with some exhaust clamps and JB weld. I'm not sure if there is enough room for two mufflers in there with the current setup. Would they have to be side by side or could they be staggered? I know there is room for 1 muffler and then I can just fill in with some flexible exhaust tubing as needed. I've been looking at all of this stuff and it shouldn't be that hard to do, hopefully.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

yeah they are going to need to be side by side. I remember the exhaust shop that did his truck had them side by side, but they had his hi-flo cats staggered. You should be able to just put them side by side though, I think there's enough room. Yeah that should be exciting though if you can pull it off doing it yourself. If you run the true dual though, get that h-pipe brotha. If you decide to run the y-pipe, then you obviously dont need a crossover pipe then lol. Goodluck, and keep us updated bud!

Quick Reply: NEW EXHAUSTTT CLIP!