2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Broken gas pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 AM
BLKbeast
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken gas pedal?

i have a 2000 2500 regular cab. i have noticed that it does accelerate very fast and doesn’t always down shift when it feels like it should. so i was sittin in my truck last night and noticed the gas pedal seemed loose. when i went to grab it it came up almost 50% farther then it is normally. and sat almost level with my brake pedal at that point. i am guessing the bracket or something is broken and the pedal is sagging. i looked under there but didn’t see anything broken.

any suggestions or as any one else experience this?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:08 PM
BLKbeast
Rookie
Default RE: Broken gas pedal?

can anyone atleast verify that the gas pedal should be about level with the brake pedal? and a long shot.. does any on have a break down of the parts involved in the pedal assembly so i try to figure out what part is broken?

Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 AM
mikerados21
Veteran
Default RE: Broken gas pedal?

i guess its noraml cuz mine you can wiggle italot and as far as the shifts it seems like i have to let off from full throttle to let it shift then hammer back on. Seems like it always hits the rev limiter before it shifts out of 1st sometimes it dont know.. but the pedal should have some play in it. Correct me if im wrong guyz!!!

Quick Reply: Broken gas pedal?