2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Catalytic converter question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:17 PM
1998 Ram Sport
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catalytic converter question...

Do any of you guys know if this catalytic converter will fit my Ram? The reason I ask is because I'm running a flowmasterdual exhaust, and the outlet is only single. Does this matter? It does say its a direct replacement for the stock one. If not, should I just get one of those universal cat converters? Will it still makemy exhaust louder? Thanks for the help guys.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

Old 10-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Bouncer88
All Star
Default RE: Catalytic converter question...

Look under your truck, does your exhaust go from a single pipe to muffler with a dual outlet and then seperates to duals? or are you running true dual exhaust with two mufflers?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:34 PM
1998 Ram Sport
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Bouncer88

Look under your truck, does your exhaust go from a single pipe to muffler with a dual outlet and then seperates to duals? or are you running true dual exhaust with two mufflers?
Yeah,a single pipe to the muffler with dual outlets is what i got. I don't have a truedual. So, thatshould fit right?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Bouncer88
All Star

ORIGINAL: 1998 Ram Sport

Yeah,a single pipe to the muffler with dual outlets is what i got. I don't have a truedual. So, thatshould fit right?
Yes that will fit.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:47 PM
1998 Ram Sport
Rookie

Yes that will fit.
Thanks man.Just wasn'tsure. What kind of cat are yourunning in yours? Are you running truedduals?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Bouncer88
All Star

Yes that will fit.
Thanks man.Just wasn'tsure. What kind of cat are yourunning in yours? Are you running truedduals?
That setup will most likely work if whoever installed your exhaust installed a bolt on to factory cat style exhaust, anyway I am running open manifolds right now, I haven't installed any of my new parts yet.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:59 PM
1998 Ram Sport
Rookie

Yes that will fit.
That setup will most likely work if whoever installed your exhaust installed a bolt on to factory cat style exhaust, anyway I am running open manifolds right now, I haven't installed any of my new parts yet.
Cool, thanks for the help man.

Quick Reply: Catalytic converter question...