2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Was this the big blue CARFAX dodge ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:24 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was this the big blue CARFAX dodge ??

I was just kinding looking through youtube for dodge ram videos, and I came across this video. The truck looks awfully similar to the one that was posted on this forum recently TO NOT GET IT, because it was really a salvage truck. I was trying to find the orginal post for the truck, but I cannot find it here on the site.

HERE IS THE YOUTUBE LINK TO THE VIDEO: WAS THIS THE TRUCK, or just very similar?? Even has the chrome gas cap and huge lift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOuuudZKujo&NR=1

Old 10-10-2007, 10:00 PM
sbrunn9
Veteran
Default RE: Was this the big blue CARFAX dodge ??

The truck in the video has different mirrors than the one on this site. The video ones are towing mirrors and the salvaged truck had stock mirrors painted blue to match the truck. There's a few things that are different between the trucks but it's all easy stuff that could've been changed. However i doubt someone would change that much. I wouldn't think it's the same truck.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:11 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

yeah you have some good points. that would just have been weird though if it was because you dont see many trucks that color with the huge 9"+ lift on it with the chrome gas tank, etc.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:04 AM
spaz_22
Captain

it's not the same truck, importkillr's truck also had painted b pillars, had different nerf bars as well, and different rims as well...but very similar in apperance

Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 AM
sbrunn9
Veteran

the b pillars weren't painted they jst had the b pillar blackout removed. which is why i said it could've been an easy fix. but i agree i don't think it's the same truck.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:16 AM
spaz_22
Captain

importkillr's b piller is painted....you can't really remove the b piller black out on dodges because it's clear coated over. So if you remove it you'll get the regular non cleared paint....

Old 10-11-2007, 01:32 AM
sbrunn9
Veteran

oh i thought i had asked him when he first got the truck and he said the blackout had just been removed. i must be wrong.

Quick Reply: Was this the big blue CARFAX dodge ??