2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Some offroading vids

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Some offroading vids

Becasue the guy video taping, and the dakota dude are best frineds... Plus, his truck is ****ty and he doesnt care if he dents it or scraches it... My truck has no dents, or scratches so im scared so do some of the tight stuff...

I did mess my front bumper up that day... the damn paint got chiped up agian.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:41 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha i know that feeling. It sucks, you put all that hard work into making it look pretty for the streets, but in doing so, makes it much more dificulto enjoy off-roading because you are pulling back the entire time because you dont want to **** your truck up lol

Old 10-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I find that taking care of your truck benefits it tremendously off road. I keep mine all waxed up all the time so when I'm driving though the woods, the tree braches and thorn bushes scraping all over it never really get to the paint. I mean sure I've got a few here and there, but most of them come out with a little rubbing compound. Now I mean if you run it right up against a tree that's your own fault. And bumper damage doesn't count. That's what a bumper's there for If it's all that's ****ed up then it did it's job right.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain

Yep, im crazy about taking care of my paint... I have a industrial buffer, and this really nice rubbing compound, scrach remover, polish and wax... My paint is rediculously shiny.
I usually wax it about every month but, its been about 2 monthts now, I really have no time between school, work and my life.

When my truck was in the body shop, when I smashed in my bos side they said they sanded the paint like they normaly do, but it dident match becasue the rest of my paint was so smooth and shiney that they had to take like 2x as long wetsanding and buffing with the new paint just to make it look right.

I think the wax does help alot, becasue I went through alot of branches and you can see what look like scratches on the dust on my truck but rub off the dust and its perfect.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:53 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well hey after reading your last reply, I have a question for you. Recently, I had a dent taken out of my driver sider door, and after they took the dent out, they repainted the entire front and rear door panel. I notice in the sunlight that the door is a a very faint black, and isn't a dark shiny black like the rest of the truck. Do you think a wax job or wet sanding would fix this, or is something that the bodyshop needs to address, because the different color thing is really driving me crazy!!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain

Oh dude, I feel ya!!!

When I got my truck the entire back of the bed wasent the right color... I dont know how I dident notice it.. Like it was pretty big change...
This repaint on my back of the bed isnt perfect now, but its really really close... The body shop said that my color, and some orange color are extremely hard colors to match.

You can try to wax it, but I dont think it will make it perfect... I would take it back to the bodyshop honestly if its not right. Wet sanding really only makes the paint smooth, it wont really make the color better unless its really rough, and after wet sanding you have to buff it a few times with a few different things.

I dont know if you offroad or not, but since you have a sport GET SOME SORT OF PUSH BAR!!!! or anyitnhg to protect that front bumper!!!! The 99 and later sport bumpers are too pretty to mess up.
These vids dont do any justice to how hard I usualy offroad, this is the 2nd time ive messed up the paint on this bumper... mine is even bent a ltitle but its hard to notice.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Wow. Well honestly I don't really do any recreational off-roading. I mean I work with the truck, and if it means I have to go off-road to get to the jobsite, then I will ya know? But yeah I noticed it about a week after I got it back. I even brought it back to them, and they said they fixed it, but still it looked the same to me! I callled again, and he was like well that's as good as it is going to get because we painted over the old black factory paint, and the new paint mixed with that is the best we can get it to match....that sounded absurd to me. So this week I am bringing it backonce again and showing them. I mean when it's raining out or when it is inthe shade, you could never tell.. But in the sunlight, it's so hideous, its like some chocolate color next to the factory clear coat black...just pisses me off, you try to do something nice for your vehicle, and spent a lot of cash, and you get it back with something equally as annoying as the dent you started with!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Harpoon

Good stuff right there..

Old 10-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain

That sucks, If you cant get it take it somewhere else... Some body shops suck.

Quick Reply: Some offroading vids