2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

radiator trans line ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:57 AM
stovepipe
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator trans line ?

i got a new radiator and the bottom trans line conection is different. theone i have has threaded ferrels on top and bottom. and the new one has a farrel on top and the bottm has a nipple for a hose clamp ?where can i get a hose for the bottom. i cant cut mine becuse theres not enogh there. or should i even use this rad.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:14 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: radiator trans line ?

will the new nipple unscrew to expose the threaded hole that you need ?
did you buy it local and can you exchange it easy ? if so do that. if not, you should be able to adapt it with a little effort. the lines/hoses are not super high pressure or anything, but you do need to use 'transmission cooler hose' which is $1-2-3 per foot and just uses regular clamps. you might have to double clamp it if it leaks.

its fairly common for the stock hoses to rot and leak around the radiator. new oem ones are expensive. when that happens the cheapest solution is to just cut the hoses back to the hard pipe and put on generic hoses anyway. so if you go that route, its not uncommon. note the position and direction of the little check valve in the pressure line. some people remove it and throw it away. some keep it. i removed mine. here's some reference info and pics.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_717634/tm.htm

Quick Reply: radiator trans line ?