2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What do you think of these valve covers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Mike Roma
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you think of these valve covers?

Yet another seller, but these lookEXACTLY like mine:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Bouncer88
All Star

Mike I get exactly what you are saying, I have removed my A/C so no worries as far as the A/C compressor. I think rerouting the wiring won't be too bad, but you did help me out a ton, thanks!

Old 10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Mike Roma
Professional

No A/C, you should be good to go! (I think!)

I don't think the connector on the alternator will be too hard to deal with if you can do minor repairs, etc. One truck may be a little different from another though.

I think you'll like 'em! If the pcv and breather holeson those are not where you want them, look at thelink I posted. You can drill your own. I DO NOT know that seller, and am not making a recommendation. Just want you to know that's an option.

Oh yeah... just in case you didn't know already... DO NOT grind the welds on those valve covers. Those aluminum welds should be left alone.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Bouncer88
All Star

ORIGINAL: Mike Roma

No A/C, you should be good to go! (I think!)

I don't think the connector on the alternator will be too hard to deal with if you can do minor repairs, etc. One truck may be a little different from another though.

I think you'll like 'em! If the pcv and breather holeson those are not where you want them, look at thelink I posted. You can drill your own. I DO NOT know that seller, and am not making a recommendation. Just want you to know that's an option.

Oh yeah... just in case you didn't know already... DO NOT grind the welds on those valve covers. Those aluminum welds should be left alone.
I like the welds, I think they look good, the only concern I have is with them not seating well because the bolts go in through the top instead of on the flange like stock.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Mike Roma
Professional

They should seat just fine. There's a tube welded inside each hole from top to bottom (see those 10 little circle welds on top of each cover?). They should seat in exactly the same place as the stock covers. The bolts are longer, though.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they have internal baffles?

Quick Reply: What do you think of these valve covers?