2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cylinder misfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:59 PM
gilbert622
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cylinder misfire

i have a 97 ram 1500 club cab 5.9 sport with 240,000 miles. when i got the truck it was running rough so i took it to autozone and they said it was a multiple cylinder misfire. I put new plugs and wires in it and it seemed to run fine. A month and a half later it was running rough again so i took it back to autozone and pulled the codes and adgain it was a multiple cylinder misfire. I changed the cap and rotor and that worked for a week and now it is running rough again, probably another misfire problem. What is going on and can anybody shed some light on this problem and give me some ideas as to what it might be?

Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: cylinder misfire

Clogged catalytic converter. Possible a bad cam sensor. Clean all of your grounds. Check to insure the rotor bug is pointed to #1 and the mark on the body of the distributor lines up with the rotor (it's marked).

Quick Reply: cylinder misfire