2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check out my Vids!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007 | 11:00 PM
mikerados21
|
Veteran
Default RE: Check out my Vids!!!

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

What did you run at the track? 15.7-9 territory? The truck sounds like mine, except its missing a few cubes. Sounds a little more like a 5.0.
Its alot quieter in the grass since they are dumpoffs! also the best its ran was a 15.6 1/4 mile.

Old 12-16-2007 | 11:00 PM
greenmachine
All Star

ORIGINAL: Sirhilton17

Simm?

lol
He said he is not running a cat. Just wanted to know what o2 simulator he was running. By the way truck sounds great.

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:12 AM
blackdodge69

sorry to ask this but what all do you have done for performance wise? it's hard to read the mods in the pic.

Old 12-17-2007 | 02:35 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: mikerados21

What did you run at the track? 15.7-9 territory? The truck sounds like mine, except its missing a few cubes. Sounds a little more like a 5.0.
Its alot quieter in the grass since they are dumpoffs! also the best its ran was a 15.6 1/4 mile.
yea, sounds about right. Now all you need is 48 more cubes.

Old 12-17-2007 | 07:34 AM
greenmachine
All Star

"A case can be made for a small-displacement street engine that's fuel efficient by virtue of its modest size, but piles on the power on demand when needed. With the 318 Mopar as a base, you will always be the underdog, and there is nothing like talking smack when putting the hurt on the big boys with a "lowly" 318."
Mopar 318 Engine - Cheap as Dirt
415 hp from a Street 318[/align]By Steve Dulcich[/align]Hot Rodding Magazine[/align][/align]What do you think about that Indy![/align][/align]

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:21 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: greenmachine

"A case can be made for a small-displacement street engine that's fuel efficient by virtue of its modest size, but piles on the power on demand when needed. With the 318 Mopar as a base, you will always be the underdog, and there is nothing like talking smack when putting the hurt on the big boys with a "lowly" 318."
415 hp from a Street 318[/align]By Steve Dulcich[/align]Hot Rodding Magazine[/align][/align]What do you think about that Indy![/align][/align]
I think he still runs .6 slower with the same work (as far as I recall)no offence mike. I like your truck a lot.

It may sound cliche but, there really is no replacement for displacement. Take that 415 hp 318. Put that same work into a 360 and you will be making more power. Theres no way arround it. Im pritty sure fuel efficiency isnt a consideration when your building a ***** to the wall 318. I never get down when I get beat by a big block car, or a turbo'd, headed, camed, 110 octane running 4 cyl, because its all diffrent. The big block wins just because its able to make more power easier. If I caught up to him by working on my truck, he could easily pull away by doing the same things. That 4 cyl has already gone ***** to the wall to beat me, so they are f'd. Thats why smaller displacement isnt better when your talking about power. I like the 318, At the very least its bigger than a 5.0 (there are some pritty nice ones out there, but you gotta put more money into em to get em to run as hard as a 360) Call me old fashon or philosophically and mathamaticaly calculating, but thats my thought.

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:36 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

i like your truck awesome ,

Old 12-17-2007 | 04:08 PM
greenmachine
All Star

I think he still runs .6 slower with the same work (as far as I recall)no offence mike. I like your truck a lot.

It may sound cliche but, there really is no replacement for displacement. Take that 415 hp 318. Put that same work into a 360 and you will be making more power. Theres no way arround it. Im pritty sure fuel efficiency isnt a consideration when your building a ***** to the wall 318. I never get down when I get beat by a big block car, or a turbo'd, headed, camed, 110 octane running 4 cyl, because its all diffrent. The big block wins just because its able to make more power easier. If I caught up to him by working on my truck, he could easily pull away by doing the same things. That 4 cyl has already gone ***** to the wall to beat me, so they are f'd. Thats why smaller displacement isnt better when your talking about power. I like the 318, At the very least its bigger than a 5.0 (there are some pritty nice ones out there, but you gotta put more money into em to get em to run as hard as a 360) Call me old fashon or philosophically and mathamaticaly calculating, but thats my thought.
Understood. But I still like the idea of saying "No reallyits a 318!" after you have spanked some yahoo that thinks his 350+cubes is the s*%t.

Old 12-17-2007 | 05:11 PM
mikerados21
|
Veteran

Understood. But I still like the idea of saying "No reallyits a 318!" after you have spanked some yahoo that thinks his 350+cubes is the s*%t.
Well my truck gets out of the shop Jan. 15th of 08 and ill be able to do that. The FULL List of mods that will be done is.
New Headers
New Exhaust
1.7 HS RR's
New Double Roller Timing Chain
Ported Kegg
Fastman 50mm TB
Underdrive Pulleys
Dual Elec. Fans (Derale)
No Cats still!! YAY
Functional Ram Air Hood (STEEL!!!)
K&N Round Filter Setup for now.
AND SCT FLASH TUNER!!!

Then the following month i decided to put the 4.10's in with a locker!!! im hoping for 14's!

Old 12-17-2007 | 05:27 PM
greenmachine
All Star

What no cam? What about that o2 sensor on the cat what did you bypass it with?

Before you decide to spend money on the 1.7s look at the "Parts are coming thread " if you have not done so.

Quick Reply: Check out my Vids!!!