2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I don't have a Dodge now, but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:55 PM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't have a Dodge now, but...

I found one I want to get. Being a smart buyer, rather than just diving head first and getting a crappy vehicle, I did what my brother had done when he got a truck, and checked out the forum. Didn't really see many problems posted here from what I saw, and I know that some trannys are bad, but I don't drive vehicles hard, so that doesn't matter to me.
I have found a Dodge that I really like. My original plans for getting a vehicle were to find a nice 1999 GMC Sierra, but I won't get that. First off, I like this Dodge, and second, I'd have better luck finding a needle in a haystack, than that GMC, because I want the new style. So I'd like to hear from you guys, as everyday drivers, about Dodges.

I have a few things I'd like this Dodge that I'm looking at do, and please tell me about your Dodges how they do in all of this. Btw, the Dodge is a 1999 2500 Quadcab.
I want one that can be loud, easy to lift, looks good lifted, good fuel mileage, power enough to pull a fair sized trailer, and is fast. My current vehicle is really none of these, so I'd like one that is.
So, if you could just tell me about your vehicle, that would be cool, or if there is something like this, point me in that direction. Thanks.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:19 AM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I don't have a Dodge now, but...

ORIGINAL: ried69

I want one that can be loud, easy to lift, looks good lifted, good fuel mileage, power enough to pull a fair sized trailer, and is fast.
That's all you want huh?

That's a pretty tall order. I think you might want to consider a diesel.
The rams are relatively easy to lift (and look great thats why we all bought em) but big lifts, tires don't add up to good gas mileage and fast trucks.
If you get 14 MPG on a stockV8 ram your lucky. Not that your gonna here anybody with a Vortec engine braggin about economy either...

Old 10-20-2007, 12:27 AM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I don't have a Dodge now, but...

ORIGINAL: rabbler

ORIGINAL: ried69

I want one that can be loud, easy to lift, looks good lifted, good fuel mileage, power enough to pull a fair sized trailer, and is fast.
That's all you want huh?

That's a pretty tall order. I think you might want to consider a diesel.
The rams are relatively easy to lift (and look great thats why we all bought em) but big lifts, tires don't add up to good gas mileage and fast trucks.
If you get 14 MPG on a stockV8 ram your lucky. Not that your gonna here anybody with a Vortec engine braggin about economy either...
Yea, I do have to say I like the Chevys, but we've only used the older ones, and my brother is the only person who has a 90s. My aunt and uncle have a newer one, it's nice, but I couldn't afford that. Plus, I like the Dodge.
I don't need exactly everything that I said, but I'm looking for something like that. Mainly, speed, and looking good tall. Good power would just be nice to have.
I've been told by several people who own Chevys, that a Dodge would kick them in sound, which I do want. But around 12-14 mpg would be nice. My truck right now only gets about 11 mpg, because it is a small truck, and takes more gas just to get going.

Quick Reply: I don't have a Dodge now, but...