2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:32 AM
cfortes32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

Pretty new to me and need help. 95 RAM 1500 4x4 5.9L. Had a couple of problems when I bought this truck a month ago, fuel pump, steering box, o2 sensor had those replaced. The problem started last night after filling up the tank for the first top off since the fuel pump replacment, so far it's running good but started getting a loud whine from the pump. Does this mean it's defective and need to be replaced again? I want this nipped in the bud cuz it has a warrenty for parts and labor. It wasn't doing it in the past 1 1/2 weeks since the replacment just after filling up. Second thing is... Has the steering gear box replaced (old one was leaking kinda bad) almost everything is good with that now bu my steering wheel is off center. Is this due to the shop not lining up the shaft properly or some other reason this would be off now? It will track straight if I let go of the wheel but looks like the steering wheel should be making a left turn. lol It's not a big deal but I paid for the work to be done so I want it working better than when I took it in for repairs.