2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

***TRACK BAR..HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 09:30 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Default RE: front stabalizer bar

Just my .02, but I wouldn;t use a skyjacker bar, and NOT at the price your "mechanic" wants. You can get a Thuren bar that's adjustable, better designed, and better built for a WHOLE lot less!

Old 11-01-2007 | 09:35 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

Man it just sucks that he has to be so sketchy on me. I mean I give him good business, were good buds, and then he hits me with this giant $800 bill. Theres no way I'd pay that much just for one part, and I'd still have to bring it somewhere else to get it alligned afterwards. I will definately do some shopping around tomorrow though. If I find a kit cheaper than his projected "$450" then I will call him and tell him I found something a lot cheaper, and for a lot better of a product. Does this problem sound right to you guys though? He says everything on the lift kit was fine, but thinks that they just never completed it with the adjustable trackbar. He says as the truck stands now, the front axle isn't alligned with the vehicle and that's why it pulls to the left so hard. I want to make sure that if I do buy some kind of track bar, that this will fix my allignment issue. As it stands, nobody will give me an allignment now because the axle is out of whack. I got to make sure I know what I'm talking about though before I fire back to him with different products and prices. Your help is a lot, and I need it tonight before I call him tomorrow, thanks again guys!

Old 11-02-2007 | 11:08 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

Man it just sucks that he has to be so sketchy on me. I mean I give him good business, were good buds, and then he hits me with this giant $800 bill. Theres no way I'd pay that much just for one part, and I'd still have to bring it somewhere else to get it alligned afterwards. I will definately do some shopping around tomorrow though. If I find a kit cheaper than his projected "$450" then I will call him and tell him I found something a lot cheaper, and for a lot better of a product. Does this problem sound right to you guys though? He says everything on the lift kit was fine, but thinks that they just never completed it with the adjustable trackbar. He says as the truck stands now, the front axle isn't alligned with the vehicle and that's why it pulls to the left so hard. I want to make sure that if I do buy some kind of track bar, that this will fix my allignment issue. As it stands, nobody will give me an allignment now because the axle is out of whack. I got to make sure I know what I'm talking about though before I fire back to him with different products and prices. Your help is a lot, and I need it tonight before I call him tomorrow, thanks again guys!

Well its morning now.. lol. I posted a link to summit for that bar that you linked to later (skyjacker)... so your set for the skyjacker at least. Others were talking about a Thuren bar. Actually it looks to be a lot higher quality... but it comes down to your wallet I guess. Here is a link to someone who encountered problems like you. Look over it, and they too suggest the Thuren bar. Looks like the rest is up too you.