2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cracked dash Class action lawsuit

Old 11-04-2007, 10:35 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cracked dash Class action lawsuit

ORIGINAL: BlueBeast2

Fake blue lights??? As mentioned beforeI am a firefighter my lights are not fake. You wouldn't have the ***** to go into a burning building if your so worried about being killed by plastic. And to prove my lights actually work heres a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42-0-f-woxE
appreciate yall u guys do for us blue. i have to say ive never seen a fireman with blue lights, i thought u were a cop to bein with.

cracked dash causes injuries... thats a first.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:42 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

is this guy fricken kiddin me? DUDE your talkin **** to a fireman? who the hell do you think saves your dumb *** when you are in a burnin building...

if i remember correctly it is ILLEGAL to put "fake" blue lights on your truck. its called impersonating a police officer.

blue... we dont have a "real" (i hate to use that term for this) firedepartment in my town. if we didnt have voluenteer firemen we wouldnt have ****. this guy has lost it...

Old 11-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright everyone, thats about enough.

ray126, First off, if you saw that this is the number one discussed issue, why did you feel the need to start another thread on it? If it hasn't been resolved before, another thread on it is not going to help. This topic has been beat to death on here, let it lie. If you have an issue with your dash, take it up with Chrysler, not other Dodge owners. What do you expect us to do for you? Secondly, enough bashing. I'm sorry not everyone agrees with your stance on dashes, but that's the nature of a public opinion forum, escpecially one made up of members who are huge Dodge fans. Your not going to get much sympathy, and when you don't, bashing on someones youtube vids, or worse their profession, is not going to help your cause at all. I actually thought that youtube video was pretty neat. I know a lot of guys who are volunteer firefighters because of the remote areas they live in. They would be very interested to see those vids because they may be considering doing the same thing themselves. Sorry you don't find his particular use of a public video site very interesting, but I think lots of people would say the same about your use of a public forum to rant about your dashboard.

Everyone else, if you have already made your comment about the original topic, which is dash cracks, move on and stop taking this thread farther down the rat hole. If others still want to talk about cracked dashes in yet another thread, let them. You've made your comments, so move on to another topic.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:40 AM
greenmachine
All Star

Thank GOD its over.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:46 PM
CDP TECH

hay ray im a dodge tech with 20 years at a dealership i also am a 30 year vet. firefighter dont know what that has to do with it. but dodge is aware of wiring problems from sun damage some trucks will have to be rewired the gov. is looking in to a safety recall. at this time all you can do is go to www.safercar.gov and file a complaint then call 1-800-992-1997 chrysler will give you a claim # then a dealer will call you to come in look at the dash most cases it will cost you depending on the dealer $100.00 to $300.00 out of pocket if there is a recall you will get your money back hope this helps P.S. I HAVE ONE TO

Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Back to the original topic
with the new top management at Chrysler
new CEO Robert L. Nardelli,
Sales & 'Customer Guy' Jim Press (formerly on Toyota's board of directors),
and also Tom LaSorda, who claims to have someone read every letter,
and is supposed to be for the 'little guy' because both his mother and father were UAW vice presidents in Canada,
it might be worth trying a letter writing campaign
asking that the cracked dashes be fixed under a
'customer satisfaction'
program.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yep, I got a nice crack that's almost made its way across the dashboard now above the passenger side airbag. It's pretty annoying. Dodge's interiors have always been comprised of weak materials. My neon was the same....good thing they make up for it with their engines though

Old 11-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys...wow...anyway, what years does this affect most? I have a 2001, but I've only had it for about 3 months now. My dash is pristine, and I clean it with a good protectant. Does it just happen all of a sudden? I also use a dash sunblocker in the summer, so the sun hitting it will only be while driving. Just wondering if this is something I should be on the lookout for...

P.S. - When things turn from helpful to horsesh*t like the most of this thread, can a mod please lock the perpetrator out? That would be great...

Old 11-21-2007, 07:59 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I wish I could tell you. I bought this truck used, and it already had the crack. It's grown about double size though within a 4 month period. I regulary clean this interior of the truck and apply protectants on the dash, but it doesn't seem to prevent spreading. It's too bad. I don't know what causes it or how it starts, but I'm sure what you are doing is the best you can keep doing to prevent it!

Old 11-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info...

BTW, your truck looks nasty (in a good way)...I need to get ahold of some of those sport wheels...I love 'em

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cracked dash Class action lawsuit