2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4x4 wheels on a 2x4

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:02 PM
the sarge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 wheels on a 2x4

Hi Gang,

I have searched the forums and have not found the exact answer I need. Here's my dilema. I own a 1998 Ram 1500(2x4). I purchased some 2001 Ram 1500(4x4) wheels and tires.
Here are the wheels I bought.

Here are the ones I am replacing

The front wheels won't fit because the hub of my Ram is too long. What is my solution? Can I use wheel spacers like these? 2 inches?

Thanks in advance for helping out a newb. I won't be wheeling or towing with this truck. Just highway duty and small loads.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:59 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Default RE: 4x4 wheels on a 2x4

Sure you could use wheel adapters since your not going to do any major wheeling etc. Be advised that this will make your front stance wider than the rear inless you do the rear too. I know wheel adapters can get fairly expensive so just weigh the cost of new wheels that fit vs. wheels that you just bought and wheel adapters. I ran spacers on mymustang only in the frontand didnt run across issues. Good luck!

Btw, if your in the PA, MD, DEarea, I might take those tri-spokes off your hands if you looking to ditch them.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
the sarge

ORIGINAL: pcfixerpro

Sure you could use wheel adapters since your not going to do any major wheeling etc. Be advised that this will make your front stance wider than the rear inless you do the rear too. I know wheel adapters can get fairly expensive so just weigh the cost of new wheels that fit vs. wheels that you just bought and wheel adapters. I ran spacers on mymustang only in the frontand didnt run across issues. Good luck!

Btw, if your in the PA, MD, DEarea, I might take those tri-spokes off your hands if you looking to ditch them.
Sorry pcfixerpro. I live in Rowlett, T.X. If you want to pay the shipping from 75089, make me a offer I have 4 used wheels in good condition. Three good tires( uniroyal laredo's w/ about 12,000 miles left), one bad tire.

I paid $250 for these wheels with 4 new 265/75/r17 tires so I don't mind spending a little on the spacers.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:28 PM
greenmachine
All Star

Ditching the center caps is an option.

Quick Reply: 4x4 wheels on a 2x4