2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noises?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 PM
kitchenrat1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noises?

So I've got two noises. First a speed relative whining coming from the rear end whenever I let off of the gas. Whatcha think it is? Second one coming from the front driver side. A squeaking like a bed spring while on light or heavy bumps as well as while turning or pulling into driveways etc. It's annoying as hell. I sound like Fred Sanford coming down the road picking up junk.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Noises?

Well, the rear end noise I'm not sure, but the front end could be a number of things. I had this squeaky sound coming from my front end, too. Chances are it is either your steering shaft or a connection rod coming from the side of the tranny (if it's an auto). I lubed everything looking for my squeak and finally got it. I think it was the connector rod on the tranny. It is easy to identify...sets horizontally from the driver's side of the tranny and connects to two bushings. Get a can of white lithium grease and spray the heck out of this, as well as your connections on the steering shaft...especially around the rubber boot towards the middle. I feel pretty confident that one of these is the problem. Give it a shot and let us know!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Ramafication
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noises?

when you let off the gas it whines.. hmm could bea universal joint, because they normally squeal when theres no pressure on them and spinning freely, or you got something messed up in the rear end itself block up the tires and put it in neutral and twist the driveshaft back and forth and check for play in the u-joint, if so, replace em

Quick Reply: Noises?