2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sport grille

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:04 PM
99ramsport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sport grille

i have a 99 ram 1500 sport and i was wondering what is the difference between the grille on the sport rams and the regular ram because i have found alot of aftermarket grilles for a regular ram but they all say "exc. Sport" and i really want an aftermarket grille will the regular grille fit mine

Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: sport grille

th grill and bumper are diffrent sizes i think the grill comes down arther on a sport and the bumper is "notched" to acmadate it

Old 11-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Bruiser79

I think Ryan is right on some the later Gen 2 Rams. I know the earlier ones the Sport model just had a color matching bumber with out the chrome in the middle. For example Cereal Killer's 96 1500 sport does not have a notched bumper. But I think the 99's do and it looks like the grill sticks out a little more for a bolder look in addition to that little bit the bumper is trimmed for. My question is has anyone swaped out their bumper for a sport, any problems? I REALLY don't like chrome and I want to get rid of that chrome center in my front bumper. Any suggestions? Anyone know if that arisol bed protector (spray in bed liner touch up cans) will adhere to chrome. lol. I am also looking for a dif grill because it also is chrome and I want just a black grill. EWWW CHROME. (ever since my bike that was over done in chrome I can't stand it, I would spend an entire weekend polishing it. Now I hate the look, I will take flat black over shinny chrome anyday now)

Old 11-19-2007, 12:28 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bruiser79is right up until 99 sport was basically just a monochromatic truck 99 is when they notched the bumber for the diffrent grill, i think he pre99 sports may have has a diffrent skin on the bumper too but somone will correct me if im wrong

Old 11-19-2007, 01:54 AM
01Tx1500
Rookie

As far as sport bumpers go(99+ models), they have different mounting brackets so the swap is more than just bolting it up. Also, bed liner will not adhere well to the chrome, I had a buddy try and it started peeling 3 weeks later. I too hated chrome so I went to a company called Certifit and bought a stock paintable grill($20) and painted it satin black, and am about to do the same to the bumpers. I will update my pics soon cause my sig pic is old. Since that pic I have added a double/single roll bar with 4 lights and 2 more on the front.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 AM
kitchenrat1
Rookie

CeritFit sells paintable grilles as well as LMC Truck. Look up their website and have them send you a free catalog. LMCTruck.com. It's got all kinds of bumper, grilles, trim everything. But CertiFit is actually cheaper. I can get a new stock bumper, upper and lower covers for like $120. That's a great deal.

Quick Reply: sport grille