2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

95 Ram weird turn signal question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 AM
baspinall
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Ram weird turn signal question

My 95 ram has a funky problem. When I turn on my head lights my left turn signal stops working. I was going to replace the flasher until I noticed this. Could it still be the flasher? Didn't seem to me that it would be related to the head light switch. Thought they were to seperate circuits?

Any one else seen this problem?

TIA - Brian

Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 95 Ram weird turn signal question

hmm no the park lights and sig lights arnt conected, when you turn on the park lights the sigs dont work but what about your 4 ways? could be the ground at the tail lights id check it too

Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM
baspinall

You know you may be correct with the ground idea. Of course theres a bunch of grounding spots to check, its always something.... I did n't try the hazards, but I will.

Brian

Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ryans590

hmm no the park lights and sig lights arnt conected, when you turn on the park lights the sigs dont work but what about your 4 ways? could be the ground at the tail lights id check it too
the park lights and sig lights have to be connected.. they are the same lamp... unless the 95's are different.. my 01 i have one bulb..so the p-lights are the sig lights and could affect them.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
tazme695

check for a bad ts bulb or socket when you turn on your parking lights the ts stops flashing? ide go with a balb or socket connection! hope this helps

Old 11-19-2007, 08:33 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: shott8283

ORIGINAL: ryans590

the park lights and sig lights have to be connected.. they are the same lamp... unless the 95's are different.. my 01 i have one bulb..so the p-lights are the sig lights and could affect them.
yes its the same lamp but its a diffrent fillament inside the lamp (take a bulb and look closley in it you will see to of them one for park, one for stop/sig), seprate wires going to them, the only thing they share is a ground

ORIGINAL: baspinall

You know you may be correct with the ground idea. Of course theres a bunch of grounding spots to check, its always something.... I did n't try the hazards, but I will.

Brian
best way to start checking grounds is to start at the problem (in your case the lights them self) even if it doesnt look bad, change the connector and be sure your screwing it back onto clean bare metal, smearing some di-electric grease over it after would help it too

Quick Reply: 95 Ram weird turn signal question