2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

16" Alloy Wheel Center Caps- Loose??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 05:47 PM
sunshinesonny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16" Alloy Wheel Center Caps- Loose??

Is there anybody out there that has a problem with the center caps on your alloy wheels falling off? I found one of my center caps laying in the drive-way the other day. When I tried to pop it back on, it seemed really loose.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix the problem? I thought about spraying a sticky body adhesive on the backside, or edge of the retainer clips. Or adding an "O" ring behind the retainer clip edges?? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:23 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 16" Alloy Wheel Center Caps- Loose??

Well, I can tell ya this... If you glue it back on people like me who work at Goodyear and have to balence those wheels will hate you...

Honestly though, check the clips or however it clips on... If they look alittle worn then I'd just try getting another center cap on eBay or something. I don't know about the Ram center caps, but I do know that some caps do wear out and sometimes won't stay on quite the same anymore. Besides, a center cap can't be all that expensive... I think....

Old 11-22-2007, 08:42 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 16" Alloy Wheel Center Caps- Loose??

less than $40.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...em200174736219

Quick Reply: 16" Alloy Wheel Center Caps- Loose??