2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram headlight switch repair

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:36 AM
danamal26
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram headlight switch repair

I have a 99 Quadcab 4x4 5.9 and the other day my fog lights stoped working. I did the usual test for fuses and relays and everything was fine. I ended up removing the headlight switch and took that apart and found the problem. It is really easy to fix! The back housing comes off by pressing in 6 tabs around it. DONT TAKE THE FRONT COVER OFF!!! Just the back the front is spring loaded. Carefully pull the back off and there will be a concave set of contacts laying in the switch not connected to anything. Theres the problem! The contacts are supposed to be connected to the end of the headlight selector shaft, all i did to reconnect the contacts is heat the end where the contact sit and press them back in place. Then reassemble. If you do take the front off you will need to find the 3 springs and 3 barrel contacts that fly out and drop them back in. I just thought i would share this as it saved me the price of a new switch and i couldnt find anything on the forum about such. Thank everyone who helped me in the past and i hope this helps someone!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:07 AM
kitchenrat1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ram headlight switch repair

Maybe you should post this in the DIY. Sounds like a problem that other people have had and are likely to have in the future.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:52 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ram headlight switch repair

yah pm it to steve05ram360 to have it put in the DIY section at the top of the page

Quick Reply: Ram headlight switch repair