2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowtech or sumitt headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 PM
bheadman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flowtech or sumitt headers?

Were can i find good gibson headers cheap? stylin truck has them for 550$ stainless i rather have the ceramic coated but thats 750$?
Opinions?

Old 11-27-2007, 11:38 PM
bheadman

Of course i should get Hedman headers but they only have 1/4in flange. I hear thats not got due to leaks.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:39 AM
echseman
Professional

when i first put the jet module on, i was running very rich (mpg went to ****). once i put the fipk on, the air/fuel mixture was pretty close to ratio. i have a airaid poweraid helix spacer if anyone wants it. it's brand new, maybe $20? works on 360 or 318.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:31 AM
bheadman

Headers and exhaust on hold just ordered a pro comp steering damper and then goin with all new pro comp shocks. I hope the steering damper solves my front end problems. I found flowtechs powder coated at summit for like 350 im goin with those when i get to that stage. Got my airaid intake its nice, and i can hearit suckin air,easy install but im goin to have to move my main wire loom to fit the tb spacer in. You say i dont do a thing for my truck but i think it should plus its free its goin on there. Im goin to run my stock intake tube to a box around the intake from the gap beside my radiator for a ram air kit.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:50 AM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Have you considered Pacesetter Longtubes? You can get the painted ones for $268 or the ceramic coated for $405. After some research I decided on the longtubes, just awaiting delivery.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't go cheap on the headers. You'll regret it and you get what you pay for. I tried a set of Flowtech headers once (returned them). Where they dimple the tube at the flange so you can get a bolt in, it was punched thru. It's thin wall and looked to be cold pressed. They are inexpensive (cheap) for a reason.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:27 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

take that throttle body spacer and get you some money for it, they dont work at all for our trucks.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:06 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

i thought the jet chip didnt work ? if it does im jumping on it... nothing out there for my 96 , since your getting your TB spacer for free worth a try..im using the airaid CAI i like it what about your exhaust ?
This is how the Jet chip was explained to me.

The jet chip piggybacks on your PCM and basically alters the datacoming into the PCM. Eventually the PCM relearns the correct settings and renders the Jet chip worthless. That's why theysome vendors offer that try before you buy deal. You think "Man, that's the business!," buy it, and leave with a unit that will slowly loose it potency.

You might be able to put it on, take it off, and put it back on again later, or just keep reseting the PCM

Old 12-07-2007, 10:15 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

i thought the jet chip didnt work ? if it does im jumping on it... nothing out there for my 96 , since your getting your TB spacer for free worth a try..im using the airaid CAI i like it what about your exhaust ?
This is how the Jet chip was explained to me.

The jet chip piggybacks on your PCM and basically alters the datacoming into the PCM. Eventually the PCM relearns the correct settings and renders the Jet chip worthless. That's why theysome vendors offer that try before you buy deal. You think "Man, that's the business!," buy it, and leave with a unit that will slowly loose it potency.

You might be able to put it on, take it off, and put it back on again later, or just keep reseting the PCM
Thats what i thought , ill just wait either do B&G or a SCT

Old 12-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Williamspring

on those cold air intakes some of them are retarted you get one that goes "further" from your engine but its open in the engine bay when stock pulls air from inner fender its colder their than getting it from inside your engine compartment i go to uti right now and they put one of em on a car to test it out and it actually pulled 2 mpgs less and 4 hp less i was laughing my *** off i was like wtf its a k&n but if you get a kit with ram air it would actually help just my 2 cents o and headers are notorious for blowing gaskets ive had 3 sets in my life gibson summit and flowtechs they all blew gaskets horidly had to replace them on average from 1k-3k miles i was like screw that put the manifolds back on and havent blown one since and i drive that truck harder now then i did with headers

Quick Reply: Flowtech or sumitt headers?