2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone have a 5spd Ram here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a 5spd Ram here?

Alright i have tried like all Hell to get my shift **** off and nothing is working at all. Supposedly according to http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/troubleshoot/Problems.htm
they said u could just try to pry off the center patern cap. Not happening all i did was put a screwdriver shaped hole in it... Anyone done this? I am just so frustrated with it

Old 11-30-2007, 09:23 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Default RE: Anyone have a 5spd Ram here?

ORIGINAL: CaptainPioneer

Alright i have tried like all Hell to get my shift **** off and nothing is working at all. Supposedly according to http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/troubleshoot/Problems.htm
they said u could just try to pry off the center patern cap. Not happening all i did was put a screwdriver shaped hole in it... Anyone done this? I am just so frustrated with it
thats supposedly how you remove the auto shifter ****...though I tried it on there and i got the same problem. Most manual ***** come off just by twisting it.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
zique
Captain

I'm pretty sure you just twist. It's probably going to take a good amount of effort, but it should come.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:34 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

yep well i went out and bought a vise grip wrench today... and wouldnt u know it i did twist it off... but guess what... yea you can pop that stupid thing out but the way that the factory made it its gotta be almost 1/4" deep in there... so either way you do it... you are goign to seriously mess up the existing shifter... oh well I dont really care. I just bought a new shift **** with a pushbutton on it for when i get my line lock solonoid kit

I figure it will be nice to have when im at Mopar Nats next year and cruising down brice road hehe

Old 12-02-2007, 11:10 PM
swa737flyboy

I've had mine off a few times I puy a custom shift boot on years ago. It really should just unscrew.Righty Tighty Lefty Lousy. The shift diagram cap should come off carefully with a sharp knife used to pry it up. Be carefull and Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a 5spd Ram here?