2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Odd

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:54 AM
toyhauler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd

Hey all, Im having a issue with a wierd idle problem. If im on the highway and put it in nutral the RPM stays at 1000 to 1200 and wont drop down untill the truck is all most stopped. It doesnt matter if its in gear or not. It has a new IAC motor already so I dont know what else it could be really other than IAT MAP VSS or any of the other sensors. Its also really hard on fuel and no engine codes.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Default RE: Odd

?????

Don't put it in nuetral while driving on the free way. If there isn't a problem while your parked then I don't think you have any problem at all.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM
toyhauler

Because there is a problem. The RPM stays at 1000 to 1200 While your trying to break and doesnt drop untill you havestopped. So what ever is causeing that is causing it to use an obsene amount of fuel.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:54 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: toyhauler

Hey all, Im having a issue with a wierd idle problem. If im on the highway and put it in nutral the RPM stays at 1000 to 1200 and wont drop down untill the truck is all most stopped. It doesnt matter if its in gear or not. It has a new IAC motor already so I dont know what else it could be really other than IAT MAP VSS or any of the other sensors. Its also really hard on fuel and no engine codes.
just because its a new part does not mean it will work , if i had a dime for every new part return i be having a pocket full of dimes , not rich..lol..check your

Old 12-07-2007, 06:04 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Throttle position sensor may be going. Sounds like overvoltage.