2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

94-01 Sport Headlights PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:04 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94-01 Sport Headlights PLEASE

Ok, I'm in somewhat of a crisis here, and its driving me insane, and I'm pretty pissed off. When I bought aftermarket headlights for my truck I realized I bought the wrong ones, I had bought the regular ram headlights, I hadn't known I had the sport model. Sport rams have 2 different headlamps in each headlight, and the regular rams just have one headlamp in each headlight. SO obviously my headlights were messed up when I put the regular ram headlights into a sport model truck. So then I had a stereo store rewire my headlights so that it could transform into a 4 headlamp system to a 2 headlight system. Well heres the problem, when I put those headlights in, I put them in wrong, so I had a bodyshop put them in right for me. They had to like glue them to reseal them and make some weird way to have them bolted in. Problem is when they put the headlamps in the headlights they didnt put it right, so the headlamps have been melting the headlights, and no longer will stay in the sockets. IT's also a huge fire hazard, I cant even drive my truck at night. Does anyone here having sport model headlights for a 94-01??? I'm going crazy here and I cant afford to buy brand new ones again, but I cant even drive at ngiht right now, I'm fricken rippin, thanks guys!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:47 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 94-01 Sport Headlights PLEASE

hmm to be honest with you your going to have a hard time finding a used set, most ram owners try to get there hands on the sport lights because of the dual bulb feature, however your headlight plastic is prob melting because the sports have "quad beam" lights (when high beam is on low beam is on as well) try to use JUST low beam as this shouldn't melt your plastic anymore

also could try ebay, they usally have cheep headlights

Old 12-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain

I just bought these... they came 2 days ago... Im putting them in tomarow.

http://www.procarparts.com/store-det...99RM%2D1751HLX

I saw someone post about them, they said they had them with those bulbs and they were very bright... much more so than stock.

When I got my package, it came with both lights, and 4 bulbs... but 2 of the bulbs were for a chevy... I emailed them and they are sending me new bulbs without even a question... seems like a pretty good place.
Now I just have to get me some clear corners, and get some hid bulbs in there.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:52 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Is your truck the sport model Sirhilton?? If it is, would you be willing to send me your old sport headlights. I'm in a big pickle here, and had I just been patient, this wouldn't have been an isssue at the moment. I have regular ram headlights on a sport version truck. As it stands I had a stereo store make my truck a 4 headlamp system into a 2 headlamp system so I could use the headlights I bought. But now the lights are burning up and I don't know if its because of the job they did, or if its because I ****ed the headlights up when I bought them, so when the bodyshop put them in, they weren't able to fix them. So I am just going to go back to stock here, and I need some sport model headlights. I'm hoping my regular ram clear corners will fit the sport model headlights because I don't want the orange...ahhh, just try to do something cool to the vehicle and it's just a big clusta **** lol. LEt me know if you can give me your old sport model headlights, of if anyone here has them, it'd be a HUGE HELP!!!

Old 12-08-2007, 01:32 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

Do you have a pick and pull or something like that near you? You could try that route just wear some really baggy pants. j/k sorta. I once got an two ecm's for a bronco out of one like that. I bought a bunch of other stuff that they over charged me for so I didn't feel to bad.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm speaking of dual lights, has anyone tried installing Quad HIDs? so take the two bulb headlight assembly, have 4 ballasts, and 4 HID bulbs. is that overkill?, and would it be possible to do via installing the 2nd set through the RHS light connector since the left would already be used for the first set?

Old 12-08-2007, 03:43 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Sinister

Hmm speaking of dual lights, has anyone tried installing Quad HIDs? so take the two bulb headlight assembly, have 4 ballasts, and 4 HID bulbs. is that overkill?, and would it be possible to do via installing the 2nd set through the RHS light connector since the left would already be used for the first set?
yep I've done it few times at work...never did anything special to it thow, just the standard HID conversion (adding the 4 ballasts, lights ect) and it has worked fine, all but 1were on sports (with the 4 head light assy and factory quad beam) the other was a reg ram that i put the sport assy in, adapted the harness from the single to dual bulb harness, then installed the 4 HID's then i quadded the lights so that the low beam was always on with a relay, (i have a DIY onquaddingthemon here somewhere)

what is this RHS light connector you mention...I'm not familiar with this

Old 12-08-2007, 04:37 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

That was something that I always wondered about. I want HID's, but the sport models have that 4 headlamp system, and I don't really want to spend all the money for each headlamp. Plus I got to do the fogligghts too, even more of a damn bitch!

Old 12-08-2007, 04:40 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

you could just do high beam..or low beam do one then the other, they dont half to be done at the same time

Old 12-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

RHS light connector, i meant the RH headlight wiring harness., the piece the stock light connects to, to get power, ya know, since with normal lights they have one on each side they connect to.

so if I were to have 2 sets of HIDs, I'd have to splice the 2nd into the first? sounds a little expensive if I fvcked up.

I'd want something if I could have it so it were Hi on/Low Off (highbeams) aimed differently, or High Off/ Low (lowbeams, Legal alignment) or even FUmode of High On/LowOn

Quick Reply: 94-01 Sport Headlights PLEASE