2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Truck, Some Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 PM
74amxjav
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truck, Some Questions.

Hey, I am new to this Mopar planet having just purchased a 1996 Ram. It's a really sweet rig low miles and good price and not much for the rust being a MN truck. Anyway I got some questions.

Tranny, For one im in minnesota and is cold as hell here but even after warming the truck up when I put it in reverse it seems to shift hard into reverse not all the time but quite abit. Also when getting out on highway she rev's pretty high before shifts and usually won't shift down until I take my foot off pedal. Any thoughts?

Second the steering box down where pitman arm comes out seems to be leaking fluid. Is this and issue these trucks have and/or is it just a seal and howmuch to fix cheap or expensive?

Thanks for any info anyone can give as I'm only in week 4 of having this truck and its nice just got some little problems which is expected for a 12 year old vehicle.
Pete

Quick Reply: New Truck, Some Questions.