2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check out What I did tonight

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 01:26 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out What I did tonight

Name:  brokenposiclutches.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  57.8 KB

I figgured out how to take my posi unit apart. Just took a bfh and a post to hit to swing the spider gears out of it, lol. I thought something was wrong when I realised there was only 1 of 4 pins that hold the clutches in place, and that one was sheared in half. Check out the damage to the clutches? One of the steels was shattered too. Pritty exciting to learn how to take apart a posi. Ps, I do not endorse any particular brand of alkie, that molson just happened to be my "clutch holder" . If your under 21 dont drink or do drugs, stay in school.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:27 AM
SilverRam_01
Captain
Default RE: Check out What I did tonight

NICE disclaimer

Old 12-08-2007, 01:28 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

ouch... looks like the beer is pulling double duty there holding the clutch's

Old 12-08-2007, 08:25 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: SilverRam_01

NICE disclaimer
dont want my thread to come down because someone has a bee in their bonnet

Old 12-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

I come into the thread to see what, more beer. Funny how we were just talking about how I was the one who got ***** drawn on their head and nail polish put on me because I passed out .

Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: Bouncer88

I come into the thread to see what, more beer. Funny how we were just talking about how I was the one who got ***** drawn on their head and nail polish put on me because I passed out .
did you pass out with your shoes on. Shame shame

Old 12-08-2007, 10:09 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

I figgured out how to take my posi unit apart. Just took a bfh and a post to hit to swing the spider gears out of it, lol. I thought something was wrong when I realised there was only 1 of 4 pins that hold the clutches in place, and that one was sheared in half. Check out the damage to the clutches? One of the steels was shattered too. Pritty exciting to learn how to take apart a posi. Ps, I do not endorse any particular brand of alkie, that molson just happened to be my "clutch holder" . If your under 21 dont drink or do drugs, stay in school.
Did you already get the new clutches to put in??

Old 12-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

ORIGINAL: ICEMAN_CH

Yes I did, 17 Beers, 19 years old, 150 lbs, don't mix. I usually only take 12 but I pushed it last night.

Anyways, Andy have you thought about kevlar clutches or some type of better clutches for that posi?

Old 12-08-2007, 10:42 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

Yes I did, 17 Beers, 19 years old, 150 lbs, don't mix. I usually only take 12 but I pushed it last night.

Anyways, Andy have you thought about kevlar clutches or some type of better clutches for that posi?
I've been searching and searching for pads for the posi units. There is only one replacment type. You could install them differntly. Use more clutches and less steels.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:59 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

I've been searching and searching for pads for the posi units. There is only one replacment type. You could install them differntly. Use more clutches and less steels.
I thought you said you got a ***** in your mouth...

Ice, you are right. As far as I have seen, also, there is only one type of clutch. There are just 2 diffrent ways to stack them. SccSccS or ScScScS. I havent ordered my rebuild kits yet,I wanted to take it apart and see what parts were bad and in need of replacement, so I could get them all at once

Quick Reply: Check out What I did tonight