2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Coil Springs/Shocks..Thoughts and Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 01:36 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil Springs/Shocks..Thoughts and Opinions

At some point in the near future I'd like to get some new coil springs and shocks in the front to kind of spice it up a bit. They also seem to have their better days and could use replacement anyways. So what are you guys thinkin' for color combos of the two?? I'm kind of torn as to what I should do, I have kind of the whole plain wrapper look goin, so I don't want it to look dumb, but I kind of want to get some nice contrast too. This guy has an amazing truck, and I'd like mine to look like his soon, here's what his look like with the RED. But lets here what you guys think would look good!! Heres that guys link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/252050/1

Old 12-08-2007, 02:15 PM
BIGRED97
Captain
Default RE: Coil Springs/Shocks..Thoughts and Opinions

i have a set of red springs im putting on over christmas break once i get my new shocks. but i have the red and black two tone paint scheme. that guys truck looks good with the red springs but i dont like the white shocks(now we see where you got your ideas? ) i think the red springs with black of silver shocks would be pretty cool and just enough contrast to poke out evry now and then and catch the lil honda driving peon's eye. you know waht mean?

loh yeah like the new sig pic, its pretty badass

Old 12-08-2007, 02:36 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

YOu should do the red and maybe just paint the shocks black.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:50 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep i think red would go good with youramish blacktruck

Old 12-08-2007, 04:41 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

You guys all got really good input. Also, thanks for the comments on the signature picture, I like it a lot too, love that damn snow! I too like the silver look, I think it goes good with black. I was kind of thnking either Black Shocks with red coil springs. Or black coil springs with red shocks. OR black coil springs, and a silver shock? What yall think of that??

Old 12-08-2007, 06:13 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

Red and silver, it will through a little sometihng different into the picture and not really distract from the over all theme, plus it would kind point to/hint as to what else might be goin on under the hood i.e chrome headers? SS round intake? valve covers? pretty shiny heads?

i think it would be a nice compliment

Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I like that idea as well BIGRED. I think maybe I'll just get some nice new black coil springs with a nice silver shock going up between it. Should loook SAWWWEEEET[8D]

Old 12-08-2007, 11:20 PM
nhlbill
Veteran

Here is my combo which is a Red Skyjacker coil, and a Silver with Red decal Rancho RS9000XL shock FWIW:

Old 12-09-2007, 12:17 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

That silver shock looks fantastic. I will def. be going down the silver shock route. I don't think red will look good on my truck though, it will be too alone. I think I'll stick with black on the coil spring, and the silver shock, should fit the theme well. Thanks for the picture man, really helped out!

Old 12-09-2007, 12:32 AM
nhlbill
Veteran

Yea the Red suspension stuff really looks bad on a green truck like mine too....lol

Right now though, I have changed the control arms to the RK long arms which are black, and I have a Thuren Trackbar which is black, so the only red I am left with is the springs themselves and the decals on the shocks. So it looks a little better now compared to that picture.

Quick Reply: Coil Springs/Shocks..Thoughts and Opinions