2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Blah! Truck issues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:08 AM
kowboydmac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blah! Truck issues.

Do I have to take the whole arm off to install them?

Old 12-18-2007, 01:06 AM
SilverRam_01
Captain

My trucks 2wd too, and I need to do bushings in my front end, and the ones on the control arms, I haven't done it, but it looks like you have to pull the shafts to get the other bushing in there... IDK it's too wet and I'm too poor to be doing anything now.. I need ball joints too

Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no personal experience on dodge, but i think you have to tear it all the way down to a pile of parts on the floor (including the coil spring), and then put it all back together.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:32 AM
tothewall
Rookie

Thanks to that, two girls think I have a very crappy truck! lol.
Sorry dude... It sounds like you DO have a crappy truck.

Good luck getting it all fixed... At least you had the two chicks IN your truck. Some guys dont even get that far.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
kowboydmac
All Star

My truck is weird, it'll run great and then spazz out, then run great again. I think i gotta flash the ecm or whatever. and then the water pump and some other stuff.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:53 AM
kowboydmac
All Star

Well I cleaned out the Throttle body and the IAC. I don't have a pic of the IAC but here's a pic of the throttle;

Name:  01010032.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  48.8 KB

Name:  01010031.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  47.4 KB

Also used the CRC Electric cleaner to clean out all the connections; started right up and idled a bit nicer after the first shot. Fixed the CD player too. go figure? lol.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:44 AM
kowboydmac
All Star

Well through searching, it seems that night was the truck saying, "hey i need a new water pump and heater core". I just can't figure out if those two really affect the idle/overall driving of the truck. I know it would help keep it cooler, so is it more of a domino effect? Also, I'll be replacing my exhaust system in the next month or so, minus the headers. So new muffler, o2 sensors, pipe and gutted cat, which I presume would help idle as from what I can tell, my cat is a little stuffed.

I'm going to hold off on the suspension stuff, but in the next few weeks (After christmas rush) i'll order tie rod's and the arms, pitman and idler. After those are installed I'll see how the suspension is holding up. I still think new shocks would help my situation though.

Quick Reply: Blah! Truck issues.