2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

This thing is insane!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007 | 11:53 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned
Default This thing is insane!

As you all know, this is my first winter owning my own truck. To say the least, it has been awesome! The state of Maine has already been whacked hard within these first three storms, we have over a solid foot of snow on the ground everywhere, and the snowbanks are getting higher and higher! It's been weird, last year I had one of the worst winter cars (a dodge neon). Now, I own one of the biggest trucks around town, and this thing is as good in snow as it looks! Everyone thought my truck was just good in MUD, but I'm proving to everyone how kickass this thing is overall too (mud, snow, speed etc.)! Today when I tried to get into my driveway, there was a 4 ft. high icey snowbank blocking the driveway off. So I threw it in 4 Low, and prayed to god nothing would break and that I'd get through. Sure enough, the beast just ****ing crawled right over the bank with the exhaust blaring and just jumped right over it like it was nothing. I couldn't believe it...Later that day, I had a dishwasher that was junk and needed to be thrown out. Over at my parents house, they have a giant dumpster in the backyard, and it's a good 150ft. out back. So I popped her in 4 Low again, and went for the plunge. It was amazing, it was like I was on a snowmobile, it was flinging up snow everywhere and it just kept chugging through it at 3,000 rpms. I finally got to the dumpster, threw it in there, and then started right back in from a dead stop like it was nothing and I wrapped around the backyard in a foot and a half of snow! I know I'm a big goober when it comes to going through stupid ****, but I just think it's so badass lol. Even on the slippery slick roads, 4 hi has been great. I was very skeptical going into this winter with those 35" mud tires, but I don't know guys, I kind of feel like they are better than anything. They do good on the roads, and then they are the best kind of tire to have for offroading and getting through big snow banks in driveways, so I'm very happy I'm sticking with them. It's also working out better now because I'm getting headers for x-mas now, can't beat that! Anyways thought'd I'd update you, I'm very excited how much of a monster this thing has been. It's like a mud/snow monster, I love it!! Anyways, the only thing I've been a little leery about is that even since I got the trackbar put in, it's very squeeky up front. Do you guys know why it might be doing this. It's very noticable when I start hitting bumps, it's just very squeeky and I don't like it. Some suggesstions would be nice so I can get it taken care of. Later guys!!

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:00 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Default RE: This thing is insane!

Yeah trust me you wouldn't be doing any of that **** with all terrain tires.
Mudtires kick *** in the snow and slush, hellget yourself a iroks and see what you can do.
The best part isright after all this **** melts and everything isswamped out.

Not sure about your squeak butmaybe grease it up?

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:03 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

mud terrians kick *** in everything but water on the roads... we finally got some rain and i fishtailed my heavy *** truck comin around a curve at like 15 mph hahahaha it was awsome! i scared the **** out of the oldies in the buick infront of me.

gotta love them bfg's

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:13 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

LOL yeah you are rite about that! I feel a lot more comfortable ridin in the snow in 4wd, then I do in the rain. They don't tread the water out very well, but wutev, guess it's just the nature of the beast! It's all very exciting though. I remember last year always being stuck in that cool but gay neon. Now I'm the trail leader for family when we go into driveways, it's yet to be stuck yet. I think this will go down bad for me at some point because I'm starting to get a tad cocky now! This never goes well with me!

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:15 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I dunno man, short of getting yourself high centered there's not really much you can get stuck in unless you're going through like straight 6 foot mud pits or something...

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:18 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

Well I can admit, I got blatently stuck a few times out in my parents backyard. It took a couple minutes of harsh jockying before it got loose, but I think your right, as long as snow isn't getting underneath the truck, it usually will get through it. There were a few sketchy times today though when the truck did come to a completely dead stop in the snow, and thankfully it was able to kind of get out out of some high revving

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:24 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

i took my mammoth out to a nice spot in the sticks we call the clay pits... georgia clay is notorious for suckin trucks under. NOT MINE!!! haha i had a buddy with me who was screamin the whole time I WANT A DODGE!!!! put it in 2wd, still tore it up. love this truck once my anger for the problems dies off.

Quick Reply: This thing is insane!