2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

K&N FIPK or drop-in

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 01:38 AM
JohnT99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N FIPK or drop-in

Is the FIPK really worth the $200+ it costs to buy it? I have a 360 and am not so concerned about more power as I am trying to squeeze a little more gas mileage out of it. I have a hard time believing that if these worked so well that manufacturers wouldn't JUMP on them to boost EPA MPG's. Anyone with "real world" experience would be appreciated. I'd like to know if anyone has tried one or both and can honestly tell me if it made a difference.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:36 PM
purdueranger
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: K&N FIPK or drop-in

I have had both on my GC. I like the FIPK over the panel filter but I am looking for the most power posible. What this does is to allow more air into the intake than the panel filter would allow because of the surface area of the cone filter compared to a panel. Thea the best thing is the inside of the tube is smoth and the hat for the TB is alot bigger so more air can go into the throttle body. You will only see better gas milage if you keep your foot out of the gas.

Old 11-30-2004, 02:43 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: K&N FIPK or drop-in

I have the fipk on my ram and it didn't help milage all that much, one mod that made a huge difference was the fastman 52mm throttle body. mpg jumped 2 mpg when I added it. I also changed out the stock cone filter on the fipk to a 7"x9" round and that made a difference on the top end which helped my mpg up in the mountains for some reason and not down on the flats...

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK or drop-in