2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check engine light issues AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:42 PM
madtrix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light issues AGAIN

I bought a 2001 ram 1500 4x4 this summer and there always seems to be something wrong with it. The check engine light has been on since the first week after I bought it. The first problem i had wasa P 455 which the guy I brought it to said it isn't neccessary to fix right away and I read a bunch of threads about it. However around thanksgiving I had a few more problems; P 300, 304, 307, 308. When I started the truck it would shudder and when I put it into drive or reverseI wouldn't get full power when i accelerated. It stopped happeneing and just started happeneing again around the 30th of December. A website i found said it was multiple cylinders misfiring. The trouble is I am a college student from northern CT but i go to school and work in NH and need my truck to get to and from work. I was wondering how much this is gonig to cost me and how long my truck will be out of commission. Any help would be great.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:53 PM
tazme695
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Check engine light issues AGAIN

IT SOUDS LIKE A SIMPLE TUNE UP CAP ROTOR CHAMPION PLUG AND MOPAR WIRES! THE P0455 IS AN EVAP LEAK CODE IT SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO! COULD BE AS SIMPLE AS A GAS CAP SEAL OR A CRACKED VAC LINE(NEED TOG FOG THE EVAP SYSTEMTO FIND THE LEAK! A TUNE UP COST ABOUT 225.00 AT MY SHOP IN PA! PRICES VERY ALL OVER ITS NOT TO HARD TO DO YOURSELF AND SAVE SOME MONEY! RAMS DIST CAPS ARE A LITTLE TIGHT TO GET TO BUT ITS NOT TOO BAD!

Quick Reply: Check engine light issues AGAIN