2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Well, My Truck looks a lot Bigger Now(New Wheels,Pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:31 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, My Truck looks a lot Bigger Now(Pics inside)

Thanks a lot man. I think the 15's look good too, but I really like a 16 inch wheel a little better. Not too big, but looks good with a 35" tire. I'm pretty sure the backspacing is about what the stock wheels are(4.5"?), possibly a little bit more. My local tire and wheel shop did the ordering for me when I told them what I wanted. I have the boxes, so I may go take a look at it later to make sure. Thanks again and good luck with what you do too.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
mopar crazy
Professional
Default RE: Well, My Truck looks a lot Bigger Now(New Wheels,Pics inside)

holy crap man, those rims are a trip. I have to agree on the black racing stripes idea as well, would really accent those rims.
looks good.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:34 AM
BoDuke1987
Rookie

you wouldn't get a 15x10 rim and have wheel weights on the inside, i couldn't get them to work on my sport model, but i could be wrong, just wouldn't work on mine

Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: mopar crazy

holy crap man, those rims are a trip. I have to agree on the black racing stripes idea as well, would really accent those rims.
looks good.
Thanks a lot man. Yeah, the racing stripes would be cool, but I'll probably work on a bigger front end lift and some nice headers first, but we'll see. Thanks again!!

Old 01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BoDuke1987

you wouldn't get a 15x10 rim and have wheel weights on the inside, i couldn't get them to work on my sport model, but i could be wrong, just wouldn't work on mine
Weird, some people claim they work fine, and some say they don't. But if they don't fit, they don't fit. I think 16's look better anyway; a little more wheel, but not too much.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:36 AM
sbrunn9
Veteran

I didn't even think about black stripes till someone mentioned it. But it would look sick. Then you reminded me that it's a lifted truck. Durr. So i don't think i'd like the black racing stripes. But some sort of black stripe would be cash. Maybe a black bed stripe or something to go with the black on the wheels.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah, the full racing strips would just be a bit much. LOL "racing" isn't what this truck is about. I think you should get a black stripe like Silver has on his lifted silver ram towards the rear of the bed. That would be a nice accent to the yellow and rims, and would be the best overall compromise for giving it some oomph. Either way, the truck really looks nice. I too love yellow as well, it's my 2nd favorite color besides black. Now she's mean looking and loud, it's a great combo, good job on this truck! The only thing I don't care for are the bed rails, other than that, she looks really really cool. Get some black tail light covers too! This truck is all black and yellow now, just MINT! You are definatly one of the better looking trucks on this forum.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: sbrunn9

I didn't even think about black stripes till someone mentioned it. But it would look sick. Then you reminded me that it's a lifted truck. Durr. So i don't think i'd like the black racing stripes. But some sort of black stripe would be cash. Maybe a black bed stripe or something to go with the black on the wheels.
Thanks a lot man. I think the stripes would look good too, but probably a little over the top. I would like to have one of the ones on the bed like Silver has so I will probably look into that. I think it would look really good. Thanks again!!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

Yeah, the full racing strips would just be a bit much. LOL "racing" isn't what this truck is about. I think you should get a black stripe like Silver has on his lifted silver ram towards the rear of the bed. That would be a nice accent to the yellow and rims, and would be the best overall compromise for giving it some oomph. Either way, the truck really looks nice. I too love yellow as well, it's my 2nd favorite color besides black. Now she's mean looking and loud, it's a great combo, good job on this truck! The only thing I don't care for are the bed rails, other than that, she looks really really cool. Get some black tail light covers too! This truck is all black and yellow now, just MINT! You are definatly one of the better looking trucks on this forum.
Thanks man for all of the nice comments. Yellow and black are my favorite colors and I think they look great together. I think your all black truck looks great too, very mean as well and definitely one of the better looking Rams too. Bed rails aren't my favorite on trucks either, but I kind of like them on these model Dodges, and they match my step rails, so you know. I've thought about getting black headlight covers/headlights and possibly the taillight covers too, so we'll see. I really like the stripe that Silver has on his Ram, so I am going to try and find one. Next I need some more mods to increase hp; headers, etc, but modsthat make it lookand soundmean are definitely some of the funnest.Thanks again for all of the nice comments!!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

The black headlight covers do look great, but man, I just couldn't bare it. They really messed with my visibility at night, and it wasn't worth the look for me. They'd look amazing on your truck though, they'd really stick out. If you are interested, I have a set, I'd sell them you 1/3 the price GTS want for them. Let me know. I will say though, the tail light covers are worth it. I have them on now, and they look very slick. The lights go right through them easily as well, so I like those hands down. If you are up for the challenge of loosing a little bit of headlight visibility, then def. go for the headlight covers as well. This yellow takes black accents better than any other color, even black.

Quick Reply: Well, My Truck looks a lot Bigger Now(New Wheels,Pics inside)