2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

GREATEST MYSTERY IN DODGE FORUM HISTORY UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008 | 12:16 PM
mcss8541
|
All Star
Default GREATEST MYSTERY IN DODGE FORUM HISTORY UPDATE

Greetings, Salutations, and Happy New Years to everyone. I just wanted to update you guys on the status of my Cylinder # 5 misfire that recieved wide and appreciated attention. As you will recall after changing injectors, gaskets, plugs, wires, caps, rotor, intake upper and lower gaskets, and exhaust manifold gaskets and a compression reading of 150 I still had the misfire with the missing during ideling. One of you suggested ading the Sea Foam fuel additive to my tank and intake a few times to see if that will correct the problem prior to buying new heads. Well after the 2nd can and 2 wks the chk engine lite went off by itself and has not come back on and the miss is gone as well. I checked to make sure the bulb for the CEL wrked and it does when turning on the ignition. So thanks to everyone who helped and saving me $500+.

Quick Reply: GREATEST MYSTERY IN DODGE FORUM HISTORY UPDATE