2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Damn Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:47 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Tranny

Well heres a little back story; Before I installed my Fastman throttle body my truck would bounce off its rev limiter in first gear at WOT. Tried to adjust the tv cable, wasn't getting anywhere. But lo and behold after the fastman install my problem was fixed! It ran like a top, shifting at 4900 at WOT. But today the damn thing started bouncing on me again. This late model ext. cab chevy had been teasing me all threw town. His wife thought he was funny and all that sh**. Funny thing is we end up getting stopped next to each other at the last light heading out of town. He lurched a couple times and I gave him the nod. Light turns greeen and I mash the peddle. He was with me for about 2 sec then I started pulling him in first gear and got his front bumper at my rear bumper. Then it happened, the damn truck slams the rev limiter and by the time I get it to shift his front bumper is back to my door. I still beat him but not the way I wanted to. I'm still chuckling because I beat him with a plenum leak, bad cat, and with my truck not shifting out of first gear properly. I'm not sure what to do about this shifting thing though. I'm wondering if theclaw that holds the tv cable is actually holding the tv cable in place. Does anyone know if they can go bad? or maybe I just need a Dr Evil tranny when I get my bonus in May

Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
dodgeman22
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Damn Tranny

kinda sounds like u have a valve sticking in your tranny, how many miles on it

Old 01-05-2008, 11:08 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Its got 72,500 on the dial. It wouldn't suprise me at all if I had a valve sticking.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:17 PM
dodgeman22
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you ever changed your tranny fluid, i got a buddy with a chevy thats doin that to, im wondering weither changing fluid will help

Old 01-05-2008, 11:22 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Yep, had the tranny fluid changed around 2000 miles ago. Went full synthetic, it operated great after the flush and filter change.

Quick Reply: Damn Tranny