2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

headlights and foglights

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default headlights and foglights

Im trying to upgrade the foglights in my truck, I just need a little help from someone who understands electricity and wireing more than I do.

Heres my idea... I have some random xenon h7 100w bulbs laying around that I have no use for, so I figured I would throw them into my foglights. Obviously I would have to make modifications to the connectors and what not... possibly find a different fog light housing, Posably with a projector lense... I have no problem getting the bulbs to work in the housing... that stuff is easy for me.

Obviously if I move from this bulb (which I think is around 45 watts) to a 100 w bulb I will run into trouble... I was planning on running new wires that can easily handle the current, and a fuse and what not.
I would like to use the factory foglight switch, the one on the headlight **** when you just pull it out... Would the switch even handle the extra current to power the 100watt bulbs?

Would I have to have a entirely different switch to power these lights?
Also, what amperage fuse should I use for the 100 watt bulbs?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:30 PM
sandmanmi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: headlights and foglights

if u do i would use a relay from the exsisting fog light wiring to run them. that way they will op.with the factery switch.the fac. f.l. housing will mostlikey melt with 100w bulbs in them. i have silver stars in my f.l. and there strating to buble from heat.

my $.02

Quick Reply: headlights and foglights