2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Advance Auto vs Autozone

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Mudbone25
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advance Auto vs Autozone

Ive always have gone to Advance Auto parts however recently they've come up short . I needed a headlight switch and a crank case breather. Both parts were listed on the advance web site but woudlnt mack with parts numbers in the store as well as others in neighboring towns. I wound up going to Autozone and had both in stock with no confusion. Where do you guys get most of your parts. Have you had more success with one over the other.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Advance Auto vs Autozone

Advanced has never let me down, and I've never had any problems at autozone personally but i've heard of people having all kinds of problems there. Pep boys too for that matter. I've never had any trouble with napa either.

Fortunatley I live next to this place called Frank's Auto Supermarket that is better than like any place under the sun. So I usually go there anymore.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 AM
92GreenYJ
Professional

well seeing as I have an Auto Zone 4 blocks from y house I tend to get most of my parts there. 98%of the tie they have every oddball obscure part i need in stock an ready to go or can get it for me in a hurry. However I o go to Kragen and Pep Boys on occassion too

Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 AM
Mudbone25
Professional

Im thinking maybe its just a regional issue. I actualy like the layout and store at Advance better. I wish i had for more specific parts rather then having to order on line or at the dealer.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:33 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

The Advance in my neighbor hood caters to the illegal mexicans so I send all of my business to Autozone. At least the still have local American workers that speak english. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 01-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.rockauto.com

'Nuff said!

Old 01-08-2008, 09:36 AM
jperkins812
Professional

ORIGINAL: Mudbone25

Ive always have gone to Advance Auto parts however recently they've come up short . I needed a headlight switch and a crank case breather. Both parts were listed on the advance web site but woudlnt mack with parts numbers in the store as well as others in neighboring towns. I wound up going to Autozone and had both in stock with no confusion. Where do you guys get most of your parts. Have you had more success with one over the other.
I am a store manager for Advance and some of the website parts are something you can only buy from the website. The reason for this is that we are in cooperation with another parts chain out west that we do not own, and they carry these parts but we do not. I personally think that if you have the part listed on a company website that we should be able to order it through the store to cut down on confusion.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:42 AM
jperkins812
Professional

ORIGINAL: CowboyBob

The Advance in my neighbor hood caters to the illegal mexicans so I send all of my business to Autozone. At least the still have local American workers that speak english. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
My store is in a small town and if I were to hire a spanish speaking person to deal with them, then I would never hear the end of it. My personal belief is that if you want to buy parts from my store than you are going to speak english.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have problem with the quality of the parts from both places, but neither are as bad as Checker in my opinion. When I need something, 9 times out of 10 I get it online or from Napa (quality of Napa parts is hard to beat in my opinion). But if I must go to one or the other, i would go to Advance.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:54 PM
JCliffordd
Professional

I go to Autozone a lot and they always been pretty good even when bring parts back
or i go to sanel auto parts which i think is only around NH or New England but that just me

Quick Reply: Advance Auto vs Autozone